Chapter 25 End of Training

「Uu, Tou!!」

「Too slow, Improve your speed more!」

Since then, we have been continuing mock battles. If it was against me, I made sure to have him take notes and correct him, if it was against other opponents. I gradually increase the difficulty of encounters. I also forbid checking his status, but well his achievements are certainly accumulating. The latest was fighting three wolves alone. Next target is to fight against a bearwolf.

「Guah!?」

「Even if attacked, don't be agitated! Get up quickly and prepare yourself!!」

In any case, we continued the mock battles and monster subjugation. I can only judge based on what I have known and experienced so I'm not really in a position to judge, but for now this is all I can say for myself. At this time, he definitely was blessed with a good teacher.

「Feint is good, but if you can't follow up it's just like telling your enemies to come hit you!!」

「Damn!」

After fighting for a while, Sigurd collapsed again spread-eagled in the ground. Looking at the position of the sun, It would be around noon soon. It's about 6 hours now since we started this morning. His battle endurance surely has increased since before. It's proof that his movements and control are properly executed.

「You are evidently getting stronger, because you definitely have leveled up from defeating monsters, I think you can be considered top ranking among beginner adventurers at this point.」

「I that so... even though on my own, I think it's that way」

「Why the dispirited response. Is something wrong? 」

「It's nothing really... Even if you tell me that, seeing you not even a bit tired doesn't really make me happy」

Is what he said and got up, and began preparing lunch.

His attitude sure has change, in these past few days, he rarely talked to me.

「Oi, it's done」

「Yes, yes」

Today's lunch that was made was red beans, grilled meat and wild grass. If you season everything in seasonings made from Fairy Town, you can eat just about anything. Salt and other spiced are quite expensive in this area and were also surprised that pepper was procured overseas. Well it was more surprising that they can use the World Tree's parts as a substitute though. I don't know how you classify that as ingredient but baked leaves tastes like salt and dried crushed branches tastes like pepper.

「For us aristocrat's seasoning are being procured, but I have never seen anything like this, it goes well with meat even on wild grass. Even if other seasonings are not added, the taste is already good enough.」

「It is a secret ingredient from my hometown and of course, the manufacturing method is a secret」

「I won't ask for that, so what will be today's opponent?」

「For today it will be Bearwolf」

「I have been waiting for that」

A few days has passed, but doing things this way was more fitting for me. Every encounter will befit his current status and also setting up the right monster to fight while never letting him encounter unreasonable monsters. I places safety margins and now, it's time to engage in battle.

PoV Sigurd:

Tools, Environment, Way of Living, were all taken away. It was very frustrating. I seriously thought that why as a noble should I do such humiliating things. But at the same time however, I know that I am certainly becoming stronger and feels a sense of fulfillment. But even that by itself is really irritating.