Chapter 47 Exceeding Expectations

The king, Mondol Virtella Galania, was troubled. And the problem was on a really big scale. It's regarding Galania's lands. Most of the country's income came from local tax and ore trades. Another big part came from tourism caused by the battle arena, and thus the country's finances were somehow stabilized. That financially stable state was reached 10 years ago.

Changes have appeared around a few years ago. The cause was definitely the prophecy of the shrine maiden of the sacred empire La Veil Radd.

That prophecy was 『The Birth of a Demon King』.

According to the news, it was said that it appeared in the country of beastmen. The 5 major countries surrounding it, including Galania, formed an agreement to attack the country of beastmen. Of course at that time Mondol was one of the leaders that didn't have any motivation to agree. However, in that conference, there was no country that could disagree and oppose Hallia. Because the country of Hallia successfully summoned heroes, and they declared that they will be the ones to keep the balance of the world.

But the result of the summoning this time was incomprehensible. The number of Heroes summoned was the highest compared to previous summonings. And not to mention, they were extremely self-centered.

They took over Hallia and tried, or more like forced all countries to attend a world conference. Of course, it is fine for a country to decline, but they will suffer greatly by becoming alienated to those who have attended the conference and cooperation between them would be extremely limited.

And so the war against the beastman country began, but it did not really last long since there were too many Heroes and they were easily overwhelmed. The remnants of the demon army were then finished off by the heroes, since there is an incomparable difference in fighting power between them. Until all of the remnants were annihilated. Through that overwhelming victory, the countries that attended the conference began worshiping the heroes...

After that, the Heroes even asked for compensation to help in the rebuilding of Hallia. Not to mention the amount they asked for was just unbelievable. It was a huge amount equalling 40% of the country's total tax. Something like that is just too much to accept.

But the heroes suggested that using the beastmen as slaves will be the compensation in exchange for it.

Surely there were people among the aristocrats who disliked beastmen, but that's not even part of the majority. Or rather, most kings and higher-ups got along with them, not to mention the technology they use in making magic tools is more accurate than the human's. Many countries would fight just to acquire that technology.

In the end, that country had no choice but to fight against the heroes. The bestmen were then shunned and blamed as the source of the demon king's birth, and had no choice but to end up as slaves.

They all understood soon, that the heroes were more horrible than the demon king itself.

A few years later... Hallia dominated this world as a powerful country and dispatched heroes to various places, with the excuse of improving the defense of the country. But it was actually to monitor them so that they won't be able to do anything suspicious behind their backs.

And regarding this battle tournament, it was set up to display the power of the hero to the public. That was also the same in regards to the bets. By distributing money to the public, the heroes would be loved by the common people, while slowly weakening the country's power. Mondol was already able to grasp that the country will slowly lose power after several years if they keep on doing this in the championships of the battle tournament.

But today, something unbelievable happened.

「That is... Just what is that...」

A fluffy young woman with pink hair and dressed in a white robe showed up and took over the stage. She summoned a huge red dragon, made it shoot a breath towards the sky, froze that breath and then she created a rain of flowers made of ice. Any person could tell just how ridiculous it is even just by looking at the eyes of the spectators who witnessed that.