Chapter 73 Small Steps Forward and Contract with Neighbors

Two weeks have passed since then. We had no problems moving around, there are also no problems between Cielo and the others, and because Cielo's curse was removed there were no large scale attacks from demons anymore.

The beastmen were quite proficient in combat. Moreover, because most of them live alongside with nature, they were able to sustain themselves by hunting in groups or scavenging and were able to prepare their food quite fast. Because of their high sense of cooperation, there was nobody who would do any kind of selfish actions. Thanks to that, I didn't really need to do anything, not unless somebody got injured and would need my assistance in recovery.

Some of them were quite unwilling to be healed, though they were also blushing...... they would even complain that they don't really need it.

「Is it possible to apply this effect into something like this? Also by compressing magical energy on the bottom of the shoe to create air pressure, won't it also be possible to jump high in the sky?」

「Certainly, but if we made a mistake, it might tear off your leg instead. We would need a much better solution to improve it」

「The magic consumption would also be relatively difficult to reduce considering how the mechanism would work. Also, we need to think about what it would do when landing, because even a sturdy beastman would be hurt if he falls from high up」

「Hey, how about adding a reverse of the jump function feature. Won't that make the shoe more multifunctional? 」

「「It is not that simple to apply!!?」」

Right now, I am discussing with the beastmen's Magic Craftsmen that produces magic tools. My schedule for a while now has been to play with Arena in the morning, have lunch with everyone at noon, stay alert and watch out for demons in the afternoon, and finishing by talking about magic tools with the craftsmen in the evening. Paper was not a problem during our discussions since I can freely create it with no limits.

However, we still don't have the tools and equipment to produce magic tools at the moment. Those facilities will be carried over from Galania and would be installed again when the new place is established, so the tools will available soon. What we currently lack is materials, but it won't be a problem since I am going dive in a dungeon soon in order to procure some magic tools that could only be found inside it.

Speaking of what will be needed when I start the preparations......

「......Is there anybody who knows a painter?」

「......Hmm?」

A dog beastman oji-san leaned to the side probably thinking if he knew anybody like that. But judging from his expression, it didn't seem like he knew anyone. When I was thinking what to do, a young black dog beastman to my side raised his hand saying 「I think I know someone?」 to answer my inquiry.

「Where?」

「I think he was staying in a tent close to this place...... you see, he's a really old man. A person with white rabbit ears. He was called Rubi Ritto-san」

Oh, Oh I see... usamimi. It's an Usamimi Ojii-san!!...... that's to be expected too I guess. Not everyone with bunny ears has be cute I guess. But still, it would be great if he's a fluffy Ojii-san. Oh well. I thanked the black dog onii-san and went to the usamimi grandpa's tent.

It seems like the grandpa just finished having dinner, so it's just the right time for me to come over.

「Oji-san, can I have a bit of your time?」

「Nn?...... oh, it's hime-sama's friend. Is there anything this old man can help you with?」

「Yes, Oji-san is a painter, right?」