Her Pretender

"Oshigiri-San!" I screamed in fear once again, trying to get out of Anya's grip. And suddenly the creature was pulling him towards itself, my fear intensified that they were really going to do something to him.

What happened next was that Anya shoved me as far away from the plant as possible and dashed to the other boy, grabbing his shoulders so that he won't be pulled any closer by it.

"Troublesome idiots! Hurry up and cut it, you blockhead!!"

"W-who're you calling blockhead, damn it...!!"

"Now is not the right time nor the right place for that!" I screamed, running up to them once again, only to be stopped by Onigasaki who held his sword, ready to slash his enemies.

"Duck." With that, he cut the vines cleanly away from them, making the remaining ivy's rustle back to where they came from.

"Y-you trying to kill us!!!?" Kudou looked flustered and angered at him.

"I saved you, didn't I?"

"You grazed me, you klutz!!" He pointed to his forehead, showing the damage he produced by saving them.

"What? That little thing? It'll heal if you lick it." He advised him, it seemed like one just had to lick their wounds to make it heal quicker...

"My tongue can't reach that!! I'm not a chameleon!"

"Oi. Stop it..." Zakuro tried to reason with them, I stood next to the guy and nodded, agreeing that we shouldn't waste time now. But somehow we were to slow to notice the plant had crept up to us and was ready to devour us four in an instant.

"Plant no, I'm not tasty-!"
And suddenly a familiar object flew over our heads, right before the monster, it exploded and gave off an immense amount of light and a baam!

"Why is everyone arguing...?" Himiko said with a sad face, having another flash grenade ready to throw in her hand.

"Who knows...I guess it's in their nature..." I mumbled to myself, not including me since I wasn't in rage mode, yet.

Oh yeah? What about Genji?

He tried to attack my baby!!

"Hey, let's get outta here!" Yuzu waved, already going over to Karin, "someone wake up MakiMaki."

"Come on (Y/N)-Chan, we have to go too." Iride said, taking my hand in his, why did he do that? Probably because I was rooted on the spot. Though the next problem was that our way to escape has already been blocked by the roots from the thing from before.

"How...how is it able to grow so fast!?" Stunned by the mere sight, it started to crawl up to us once again.

"No way! No way, no way, no way in hell! They're are slithering and wriggling all around!!" Karin stepped back from the creeping vines, only to be stopped by Roromori.

"Settle down, Karirin. First off, it's pretty much standard that if you get entangled in ivy, you create a read atmosphere." She slithered an arm around her shoulders, poking her lips with the other hand. "Like hell I'll read that."

"Who'd read that!!?" She suddenly exclaimed annoyed by her comment, tearing the plant down and making a way for us to use.

"Alright, she broke through."

"I need to remind myself that Roromori-San loves to mess with people..."

"Everyone, this way!" Akatsuki said, waving our still clasped hand together in the air, bringing everyone's attention to us.

"Akatsuki-Kun, where do you want to take us to?" I asked him, trying to stay calm and not hyperventilate by the fact that behind us is a humongous plant.