Condole on...

It took us no time to reach an interesting part of the cave. Glowing mushrooms!

"These mushrooms are so beautiful! I wonder if they're edible." The boy with his white strand said.

"Not sure if we should though, we might end up glowing. And sleeping while glowing is a pain for sure." the heroine named (Y/N) rubbed their chin in thought.

"Souvenir..." Makino said, looking at it with his indifferent visage. When I thought about it as a gift, his face immediately popped into my head. Which made me feel kind of giddy to be honest.

"Sounds good! We can use them to light the way too." Iride himself lit up by the thought. We all then shoved one giant mushroom into our bag and returned to Anya's side.

"You guys are to friggin' bright! Stop it!" He yelled at us, fed up with our usual antics of weirdness. "This isn't a mushroom harvesting trip!"

"At least let us take one." Akatsuki and I pouted together, we three actually wanted to keep them all. Even though we didn't had mush room to actually take them with us. While putting the other funguses away, the sound of voices could be heard from deeper inside the cavern.

Anya immediately whisper shouted at us to hide for there a persons coming our way. We hid ourselves behind some rocks and peaked at them, only to find two very familiar faces.

'Those two are from this city, Kakuriyo...I believe it to be stage 5 when we met those.' The mere sight of this girl gave me so many complex feelings. The most vivid memory would be our last outing with this annoying old fashioned, teasing guy, aka Onigasaki...I'm still mad at him! And why is she carrying so much...cotton? Then suddenly, Kiki stopped humming and talked to her grandfather.

"Are you sure about that, grandpa? That alpaca is really dangerous, we could've gotten rid of him for good." She didn't say it with hesitation, it sounded like she was just asking her old man for what they would eat for dinner or something.

"I can't gigantify in such a cramped space...plus, attacking him will just lead us to the same fate as Yeti-Dono." He said, that would mean those two and the beast must be acquainted. "It seems to me that, he is unable to perform the [Reset] freely by himself. Making his life a living hell, is the best course of action right now."

When they stood outside of the cave, they were just standing there. "An announcement to acquaintances." Were his last words before everything went into a whole mess. The old man transformed himself into a giant, only to destroy the entrance and our original escape way. And even then, our group remained calm...we've went through enough hardships of our own. Being buried like this is less scary when you have companions like them.

"You've heard them guys, Paca-San is in here! We should probably just go further and then we will find him!" I exclaimed, getting out of the hiding spot and waiting for those guys to start walking with me. We nodded to each other and continued our way. Though I'm wondering if the others started to notice that somethings wrong because of those Oni's ruckus.

We've walked down the path till we saw the outlines of the person we searched for, "Paca-San!" With perfect synchronization, Iride and I called out to our supervisor.

"...Iride-Sama...(L/N)-Sama...?" He sounded quite surprised and dumbfounded to see us hear, well no one could blame him. Why would they be hear and not out there, trying to find an escape from this island?

"We finally found you! Aahhh...I'm so glad you-" I was immediately stopped in my tracks, Aikawa was holding me back for some reason. And the reason was the giant beast besides Paca's prison...

"Don't worry. It is already taken care of." Paca profoundly exclaimed to us without a second.

"What!? What do you mean by that you bast***...!" Kudou sprung up to the poles to scream at him while also shaking them violently.

"Oh ho, you seem rather energetic, Kudou-Sama." It took us awhile before we could free this man from his prison with the axe. But the moment he was free, Paca immediately told us some details about the creature, "Yeti-Dono was the capture target of the game two years ago. When he was attacked by the short tempered Kihachi-Dono, it ran away with all it's might. Then we followed it with the Paca camera for a bit..." his voice sounded a bit gloomy while remembering this particular memory of his, "Anyway! I am truly grateful for everyone taking pity and coming to rescue me. This is a special moment! I will reward everyone with two chromosomes!" There we go, the cheerful Paca-San was always the best.

"Really?! Yay~" Akatsuki said, happy to get rewarded with this. I couldn't complain, this sure was a nice reward! Quest complete!! But Anya's face said something else when I turned around to look at them.

His face said; 'I don't care! At least decrease the bell peppers.' He probably thought about his punishment because of his mistakes when we all first met back then.

"The entrance was caved in...guess we can only go deeper. Is there some other way out here, Paca-San?" I asked him.

"Under this island, there are millions of root-like tunnels everywhere. If we don't make any mistakes, we should reach the underground sewage directly under the tower in 2 hours." He said, taking the lead and lighting the way with a small glow stick I believe.

"Those guys must be really angry now." Iride said.

"Don't be silly, Himiko-Chan wouldn't be that angry at us." Hopefully, I don't wanna befriend the grenades.

"Idiot, it's those types of people that are the scariest when they reach their limit..." Anya's right you know, it's always the quite ones you should beware. While I was agreeing with the delinquent on that point, Paca-San for some reason stopped in his tracks. Making us crash into him one after another. "Don't just randomly stop!"

Again, I'm agreeing with Anya here! Being squished between those two made my heart jump very high! I just hope the blush is covered by my hurting nose...and the darkness, mushroom don't be a traitor.

"...up ahead, there are a few things we need to be careful of." Paca turned around to face us all, "We will soon reach a tunnel, that will be covered by a sea of plants. For every branch and every leaf, please try to avoid harming it at all cost." He sounded very serious, I guess Paca-San is leaf-ing us no choice but to obey this order as well. Though my minds still wondering why we shouldn't harm the plants in any way. "Try to stay silent, and remain as still as possible when passing through. If we can't do that we will not be able to pass." With this vague answer, it left a bitter taste for some persons.

"Is there..." Akatsuki started to say, "is there something there...?"

——————————————————————————————————————

Alright! I've actually finished a chapter while being in quarantine and buried in schoolwork!!

Anyway, I'm writing here because some are confused to why (Y/N) is talking to herself! (The small italic dialogues)

(Y/N) is, or was, doing this because of the lack of contact with other actual human beings, because of her parents and what they did and because she needed a 'better' version of herself for streaming!

A lot of actors and YouTubers went through things like this, creating a persona that other people could enjoy. But (Y/N)'s persona took an actual form inside her head. Though thanks to the others, she finally saw that she doesn't need this 'perfect' version. Because her first actual friends showed that they cared for her flawed self too! In the end the chattering with herself stopped, it may appear here and there, but it won't cause her any pain or anything.

I hope that helped clear things! By further questions (that don't involve spoiler) I will do my best to answer them!