Hide & Seek

"No!" The little girl spread out her arms in a protecting manner, "You will not go so far as to throw this little guy out...I'll be sure to take care of him." The little glob was on her arm, giving happy noises out.

"No way! Even if you say that, the rest of us will definitely get roped into taking care of him, too! I can see it now!" Anya screamed at them, not wanting to actually take care of a slime that looked like his friend. "He crawled into my helmet again! Every morning he fully plugs up the inside! It's getting more than little traumatic!"

"I'm properly training him. He can even shake hands now. Watch. Punitsuki, reach out your hand." He reached his slimy arm out and smacked Kudou right across the face. I almost choked on my food, not even blaming the slime that he mistook her words.*

"Bring it on, then!!!" He was ready to beat it up and gain exp.

"No, that's not what I meant!" Sweat, dropped of her face as she backed away from the angry boy in front of them. But it ended quite quickly.

"You guys try talkin' some sense into her. That tiny chick won't listen to a thing I say." He seated himself down and gave a plate full of the bell peppers he picked out to Akatsuki.

"It's great to see the two of you getting along." He smiled to him, taking the stripes with his chopsticks to eat them, I nodded in agreement, since my mouth was full I couldn't speak at the moment.

"We're not! It's gotten worse!" He grumpily exclaimed, watching the other girls chat on the opposite side of the room. He must have thought about something unpleasant since he looked really irritated now. "So stupid. Typical bean sprout!! P*sses me off!"

"Beans? You don't even like the natto*?" I gave him a questioning look, eating my food rather slower than usual.

He shouldn't even be so bean to her, like pretty peas?

The floor were our Rooms are

"The 7th Stage is 'The 3 stealing curse Sisters' from the right, this is Misery, Isabella and Carrie. You will be playing hide-and-seek with these 3 sisters." Paca announced to everyone, standing before us were giant lady's with some weird eyepatches on their eyes. "The length of time will be exactly 1 hour."

Everyone looked up to them, feeling amazed, worried, scared or sleepy. Akatsuki was one of those people who was amazed by them, and commented how big they are.

"Boundaries for hiding are here on the 6th floor in everyone's room." He showed us the panel from room 601 to 609, and my room was the last one. "As you can see, these ladies are usually well mannered. They'll just quietly wander around the hallway, but...if I produce a sound of a specific frequency, they become a little mischievous." He rang a handbell, making them twitch by the high sounds and suddenly, they faced us and smiled really creepily.

I felt shivers run down my spine, my breath hitched up and left me speechless by this Stage. That must have been the worse one so far. Of course, since I never had any people to play this game with, and always wanted to try it out, it was a good opportunity! But never in my life have I wished to play with giant woman's that would smile like that at me.

"With the first curse, they'll steal your 'vision'. With the second curse, they'll steal 'your eyeballs themselves'. Well, you won't die from it, though. Without any further ado, I'm going to blockade the 6th floor. And the lock system in everyone's rooms will be forcibly disabled." Some kind of metal doors started to clatter down, stopping any further idea of escaping the floor we reside in.

"Everyone, hide in any room. Please withstand these 3 sisters for 1 hour. When the game ends, 'all of you' must be unaffected by the curse. That is the requirement to clear the game."

Start

Everyone split into some kind of groups, at first I wanted to stay inside one room with Anya and Akatsuki, but noticed how Makino was the only one left alone. So I decided that I would hide with him! He kindly accepted my request and let me follow him to his room.

But before we retreated into different rooms, we decided to use a strategy. Our counter rule: 'The method to undo the curse'
It was pretty simple, all we needed was a 'pure' person that wasn't affected by the curse, come in contact with the someone who has it.

I heard the bed creak a little and saw that he was already spread out on it, probably falling asleep.

"...so troublesome." If the room wasn't quite enough, I wouldn't have guessed that he even talked out loud. My problem now though was that a certain idiot, me, was inside a persons room, and it's not mine!

To scared to even move, I tried to distract myself with the interiors inside. Wait, that doesn't help either!

'Why did I thought it was a good idea to be alone with a guy!! Huh? Is that an easel?' Finally moving away from the door, my foots brought me up to it to examine this object. The room itself didn't have much to begin with, so it was rather standing out here.

Fascinated by the theory that Aikawa actually draws things, I looked back to him and hummed to myself in delight. I was kinda fond of scribbling little things as well, especially some OC's from rpg's. After calming myself down and halted my snooping around, I decided a place that would be a good hiding spot. Everyone got probably a fancy big closet, him included, so I thought about taking some shirts and jackets, making a pile and hide inside it. It seemed fool proof!

When I've put my plan into action, I sometimes looked at my left wrist to show how much time I had left.

"Oh no, 30 seconds only!" I threw the last clothes I had carried onto the pile and dug myself inside it. Giving myself enough holes to breath and look out, I thought that this would be a good method to keep myself safe from the sisters and lift the curse when Makino gets it.

15 seconds and my heart felt like it might burst out at any moment. I tried to distract myself by thinking about the plan again, this game had only 4 rounds to survive. So the strategy was that we would lift each other's curses from round 1-3, then meet everyone in Akatsuki's room and hide together in it on the 4th round.

The sound of the bell jingled out. And then seconds later, screams of fear were heard throughout the floor. It sounded like the girls have just been found out by one of them. I held my mouth shut in hopes not to yelp out to make them aware we were here.

And silence once again dominated the place. A sigh escaped my lips and the tension in my body left completely. While peeking through the holes, I saw how the boy just slept through all of this, man I'm jealous. How can he be calm enough to sleep now?

And with that it was,
Start of the 2nd Round of
Hide-and-Seek

The clock on my arm almost hit the mark to indicate that the round started, when suddenly a thud outside surprised me.

'Wait, they aren't supposed to come in yet!' Panick was filling me for the sleeping guy, till I saw that he was the one who created it, somehow, he slept even through that fall and 'hid' himself.

And the bell chimed again, letting a giant lady into the room. She searches slowly but surely inside his quarters, nonstop smiling that sinister smile of hers.

'Please don't find us! Please don't take our sights!!'

——————————————————————————————————

AN: Tomorrow, I'll have caught up to the anime!! Incredible joy woohoo! By the way, who else saw the episode and got really scared for Anya and Akatsuki? Man, if our (Y/N) here had decided to join them, I'm sure something bad would have happened to them even more.

*the way she told Punitsuki to extend his arm, could also have meant 'to start a fight'

*Anya called her 'mame' and because he likes to call her tiny, bean, soybean, he was also eating natto (fermented soybeans), that's why (Y/N) thought he meant this