Birth Control Pills (Eddie)

1st Person POV (MOVIE)

Mom left me in charge of Richie and I can't even find him. It all started this morning when Mother woke up me from my slumber to tell me that I have to babysit my younger brother. I couldn't be bothered to listen to her after she told me that, so I fell back asleep.

Now it is two in the afternoon and I'm running around Derry trying to find him. I have already been to the Uris household. No luck. They also don't like me. I blame Richie for ruining my reputation. Me and him, total opposites. He is a loud mouth, inappropriate, little brother. I'm normal, well, as normal as someone can be.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Denbrough, have you seen my brother today?" I ask the man that has a very hard look on his face. He also has a screw driver in one hand and a cup in the other. Man, he looks tired.

He yawns, "they were here thirty minutes ago. I think they heading to Eddie's house, Miss Tozier." The door gets closed in my face, no surprise. Looks like I'm riding my bike all the way to Eddie's house after riding to Stan's house and Bill's house already. God this sucks.

Once Eddie's house comes into my view, I can see my brother's bike next to Bill's bike "Silver" and Eddie's bike. When I plop my bike next to their bikes, I notice Bill standing in the doorway of Eddie's house. Either they just got to his house or they are just about to leave.

I walk up to the front door and quietly open the screen to enter the house. Bill hears it, and his eyes widen in fear from seeing me.

"Are-are we in truh-trouble?" Bill stutters, slightly backing away from the door. I couldn't tell if he was backing away to give me room in the house or if he was scared.

"No, just looking for Richie." I cross my arms over my chest, and raise my eyebrows at Bill, hoping to get an answer out of him. Even though I know Richie is here, I have no clue where he is in here.

Then I found him.

"Hey Eddie, are these your birth control pills?" I hear Richie shout from the other room. He is so stupidly loud.

"Yeah, I'm saving them for your sister." Eddie replies. His comeback makes me laugh, until I remember that I'm the sister.

To make the situation worse, Bill sprints into the room that Richie and Eddie are standing in, startling the two boys and me. "Guh-guys," Bill stutters, pointing straight at the doorway where I'm standing.

My brother and Eddie both slowly look over Bill's shoulder and I make eye contact with them. A very loud gasp comes out of Richie's mouth. Eddie screams and drops whatever he had in his hands.

"I swear to god I didn't mean it!" Eddie throws his hands into the air and screams. That kid needs to learn to stop screaming in scary situations or any situation.

"Awe, that is too bad," I poke out my lip at him and pretend to pout. Eddie's breath heightens, which causes him to reach over for his inhaler to control his asthma. I walk past Bill and Eddie to reach my brother at the far end of the kitchen. "Hey, Trashmouth, Mom left me in charge, so either we go home or I stay with you and your friends."

"That is completely bullshit!" Richie scowls at me. "Mom lets me hang with them without an adult, so why do you have to be a cockblocker and babysit me!" Just to make himself look for intimidating, Richie puffs out his chest and stands up on his tiptoes.

"You don't scare me, Baby Brother."

"Piss off!"

Eddie steps in between me and Richie, but pushes Richie back away from me. "Let her come with us, Richie. Nothing bad is going to happen if Y/N hangs out with us for one afternoon." Richie looks at me, Eddie, Bill, then me again. It ends with him rolling his eyes at Eddie and a very forced sigh out of his mouth.

"Whatever, you just want her to stay so you two can bang it out in the Barrens." Richie runs around me and Eddie to leave the kitchen and pull Bill along. Bill leaves the kitchen first, not by his own will, but before Richie leaves, he makes a circle with one hand and uses his other hand to poke his finger through the circle. "Meet you at the front door, Lovebirds."

With that, I am left alone with Eddie in the kitchen. "So, where does that leave us?"

Eddie wheezes, "what?"

"I like you too, Eds."

He looks away, hiding his reddening face from me. "You know I hate that nickname."

I cross my arms over my chest and smirk at the boy in front of me. "You didn't deny your feelings."

"I-I don't need to, I like-like you too."

Eddie looks up for a split second to look at me, but I take the opportunity to engulf him into a hug. His arms stay hunched in between our bodies, not knowing what to do with them in a time like this.

I knew hugging Eddie would be a risk. The boy is a germaphobe, so it is very rare for him to hug, kiss, or touch anybody he is not comfortable with. I feel so honored.

Eventually, Eddie moves his arms to wrap around my waist. Our hug is nice, until he pats my back and tells me that the hug was long enough. "Baby steps, baby steps," Eddie repeats, shaking his small body and smoothing out his shirt.

"As long as we make progress, I'm cool, Eds."

"Don't call me Eds."