No Stutter (Bill)

3rd Person POV (movie)

Y/N has known Bill ever since they were children. Their moms were best friends, so they had to be best friends. Neither of them minded though, Bill and Y/N love each other dearly.

Together, they have dealt with making new friends (who ended up to be being the same person), family arguments, stuttering, a fucking clown, and Georgie's death. In the end, they have never left each other's side.

"Bill Denbrough," Y/N says with a stern voice, "look at me."

For the last hour, Y/N has been trying to help Bill with his stutter. They do this at least once a week. While Y/N planned today to work with him, Bill wanted nothing to do with working on his speech impediment.

The boy finally looks up from the blankets on his bed, only to start giggling like crazy. "How about weh-we draw or do sah-sah-something else?"

Y/N shakes her head at him, "Bill, we only have ten more minutes to work on your stutter until we have to leave to meet up with the others. I could spend the night tonight if that makes you feel better, then we can draw. For now, I want you to I say the phrase with me." Almost immediately, Bill is frowning at Y/N with a classic Bill Denbrough eye roll.

"He thrusts his fist against the post and still insists he sees the ghosts."

Both kids repeat the same sentence at least four times before Bill sighs dramatically and falls onto his pillows. Y/N shows him a cheesy smile, then falls right next to him on the bed.

"One day," Y/N says, closing her eyes and smiling to herself, "you are going to get over this. And I'm still going to be here routing you on."

"Thank you, Y/N/N."

———

"How much longer are you going to spend in the fucking hammock, Y/N?" Richie says from across the treehouse. The answer would be never, but someone is being very sassy at the moment.

"Give me a little longer, I was nearly asleep," just to get her point across, Y/N yawns and nuzzles her face further into the cloth. "Ugh, if it didn't smell like your breath, it would be easier to enjoy."

The whole crew was supposed to hang out today, but Mike got stuck doing chores and Ben and Beverly are spending the afternoon at the library reading. Stan is sitting next to Eddie and Richie, the three of them are playing board games with each other. Bill is sitting silently in his corner drawing. Everybody knows not to sit in Bill's corner unless personally invited or your Y/N.

"Well, I need to go take a piss and don't want to go alone, come on Bill and Stan."

Eddie throws his cards from the board game onto the floor. "Fine, I'll stay here and talk to myself while the Princess sleeps." To finish off his annoyance, he rolls his eyes at Richie and flips him off. Richie returns the gesture, then motions for the other two to follow him.

As soon as the entrance to the treehouse closes, Eddie sighs and begins to pick up the board game to put away. After putting the game away, Eddie begins to clean the rest of the treehouse. He organizes the shelf in the dark corner of the treehouse, fluffs all of the pillows and folds all the blankets, and does his best to be quiet.

Eddie doesn't know how I stay quiet.

The entire time, Eddie is talking to himself and mumbling little things every time he does something. At this point, there is no way Y/N will fall asleep anytime soon.

A couple minutes pass when Y/N begins to hear all of her other friends coming back. Richie is a very loud person.

"I'm telling you, this is the third time this week I've nearly been shitted on by some fucking animal! I think they are out to get me," Richie complains as he climbs down the ladder. Already, Eddie is giving him a stern look for talking so loud. Both of the boys end up staring at each other until Bill smacks Richie's arm to get his attention.

"B-Be quiet, Y/N's sleeping in the hammock," Bill says, pointing over at the girl. All four boys turn back to look at Y/N. She's slowly rocking in the hammock and pretending to be asleep.

Richie makes a loud groaning noise, "she said I could have the hammock in a little bit."

This time, Stan smacks Richie behind the head.

"Sha-shut up, Richie. Y/N da-deserves to be in the hammock. She's amazing, gorgeous, and an all around good person, and yet, she chooses to hang with us, a bunch of Losers. So out of all the people, she's gets the hammock." Bill takes a big breath after his long speech about Y/N.

Everyone is now staring at Bill dumbfounded. How is it every time he is passionate about something, Bill doesn't stutter?

"Bill Denbrough," Y/N says in a booming tone. All four boys turn around, Eddie and Bill both screaming in the process. "Have you been pretending to stutter more when I'm around, because it sounded like you barely do it anymore."

"I thought you were seh-sleeping!" Bill says back in the same volume as Y/N.

Y/N sits up from the hammock to raise her eyebrow at Bill. "I thought you needed help controlling your speech impediment!"

He crosses his arms over his chest, "maybe I only said that to get you to hang with yah-you alone."

"You're cute, Bill Denbrough." With that, Y/N lays back down in the hammock and closes her eyes.

"What the fuck was that?" Richie blurts our loud, ruining the moment.

Stan gracefully puts his hand on Richie's shoulder, sighing sadly, "I think they confessed their love for each other. Other than that, I have no fucking clue."