Help Me Fall Asleep (Stan)

2nd Person POV (MOVIE)

This will be the third night of not being able to fall asleep. The past two nights have been terrible with you tossing and turning, sleeping for an hour, then being wide awake again. It has been a constant struggle.

You fell asleep in three of your classes today and each time, one of your Loser friends had to wake you up. At lunch, your boyfriend had to stop you from falling asleep into the cafeteria salad.

"Y/N, this is the eighth time I've had to stop you from falling asleep today, and I'm not even counting what happened yesterday!" Stan gives you an exaggerated sigh as he lifts your body up from the table and lays your head on his shoulder. "I don't like seeing you like this, I miss happy Y/N." He quickly kisses the front of your head and rubs the side of your arm lovingly.

"That is so unsanitary," Eddie says after applying a bunch of hand sanitizer to the palm of his hand and rubbing the liquid all up and down his arm.

"Come here, Eddie Spaghetti!" Richie makes a kissy face at Eddie and threatens to kiss him. Both of them start throwing hands at each other in the lunch room, getting stares from you, Stan, Bill, Ben, and Beverly. They stop bickering as soon as Richie smacks his lips against the side of Eddie's face. "I love you, Eddiekins."

Eddie pulls out his inhaler from his fanny pack and takes a deep breath from it. This is definitely not the first time this has happened.

"Eyes open, Sweetheart, you still have a couple more hours of school left," Stan kisses your head again, then wraps his arms further around your body.

"Stan, why-why-why don't you juh-just help her fah-fall asleep tonight." Bill suggests with a little smile on his face. Everyone at the table could tell he is trying not to get all sad, already knowing he is thinking Georgie. "I-I-I-I used to help Geor-georgie fall asleep lie-like that."

"Be my guest, Stanley."

———

Your parents don't mind having Stanley over for the night. They know a sweet, innocent Jewish boy will not do anything to their kid. They don't know that the Jewish boy isn't so sweet and innocent.

"Stanley, you need to leave so I can change into my pajamas!"

"But I want to stay, why can't I stay?" He gives you a frown and pretends to be sad about you kicking him out. For one, it was hard enough to convince your parents to let him spend the night and then knowing he stayed in the room while you changed is going to get him kicked out for sure. He also needs to change into his own pajamas in the bathroom, so there is no reason for him to stay.

You finally convince Stan to leave the room as you changed into pajamas. The whole plan was to surprise him with his sweatshirt that you stole last week from his house. You are sure he didn't notice it being gone since his home is the only place he is allowed to wear sweatshirts.

"Am I allowed to come in now?" Stan groans from the other side of your bedroom door. You attempt to give him an answer, but Stan decides to barge in anyways. "When the fuck did you take my sweatshirt?"

"At your house last week," you laugh, rubbing your head against the fabric of sweatshirt. Stan quickly closes the door and attacks you in a hug.

The two of you land on your bed, laughing and giving each other quick little kisses along your face. "You can keep it, I mean, I don't wear sweatshirts that often."

"You still look damn good in them," you steal one last kiss from him before standing up from the bed and placing your hands on your hips. "What do you want to do now?"

"Y/N, it is literally eleven thirty at night and we need to get you to sleep," Stan says in his normal sassy voice. He gets up from the bed and points down at the mattress. "Bed time."

"How is that going to work, Uris?"

"You are going to lay in bed and I'm going to do things that will make you fall asleep, boom easy." Stan picks up his backpack he brought with him for the sleepover and takes out a piece of paper. "First, are we allowed to watch tv this late at night?"

"Not if we want to wake up my parents," you tell Stan, climbing into the bed and crossing your arms over your chest with a puff. "What is your next idea?"

Stan looks around the room for a second, then begins to walk over to your desk. He picks up the ukulele from floor next to the desk and smiles at you. "I'm going to play you a song."

You could not keep a grin off your face when he said that. Hearing Stan play the ukulele is rare. He is so good at it too.

"I want you to close your eyes as I sit next to you, then I will play, but I need you to try falling asleep." Stan sits down next to you and waits until you are all situated. He finally starts playing as soon as your eyes close.

That man can play the ukulele like an angel, but it still isn't helping you sleep. He really doesn't help you sleep as soon as he starts singing to the song.

"My God, I love your voice," you whisper once Stan got done singing to Time After Time. Stan makes a frustrated noise after hearing you talk. He had hoped that you were asleep when he sang, since he doesn't really like to sing for people.

"Alright, so that didn't work," Stan places the ukulele back down on the carpet floor, and lays under the covers with you. "Next, I'm going to cuddle with you until you fall asleep. If I fall asleep before you do, please wake me up." Stan kisses the top of your forehead, then all the sudden rips off his shirt and lays down. "What? I don't sleep with a shirt on."

Hot damn.

You softly lay your head down on Stan's chest as his arms wrap around your body and begin to rub your back. It feels really good too.

Just when you felt yourself almost drift off to sleep, you hear Stan let out a very loud snore. It totally throws off your groove for the next twenty minutes. You lay there and think. Stan did say to wake him up if you weren't asleep yet, but you feel back for keeping him up this late. By now, it is nearly one in the morning.

Instead of waking him up, you take the time to run your fingers through his hair. Stan usually doesn't like it when you touch his hair, unless he is feeling extra soft, but he is asleep, so this is fine. His curly hair is so soft and fluffy against your hand. It feels so nice.

"Can't sleep?"

You stop moving your hand and look up sheepishly at Stan. He is full on smirking at you, but secretly loves it when you thread your fingers through his hair.

"Okay, I didn't think I was going to have to do this, but it looks like I'm going to have to bring out the Torah." Stan removed himself from the bed and takes out his Torah and reading light from his backpack. You didn't think he was actually going to do it, but he did. Stan literally sits down next to you again, open to some random page, and begins reciting the words.

Needless to say, you were out in five minutes.