anD rEAd hiS ToRAh (Stan)

1st Person POV (MOVIE)

"I can't fucking do this!" Stan screams into the lunch table. I wasn't expecting this to come from him. He's been happy all day up until this moment.

Bill pokes Stan's shoulder a couple times, only to get a groan from him. Richie flicks the side of his head too. Still nothing.

I finish chewing on my sandwich before trying to talk some sense into my boyfriend. "Stanley, why are you acting like a whiny child again? This is the third time this week."

The poor boy continues to shake his head against the table. Once his head stops moving, I set my hand on top of his head (in front of his kippah) and run my fingers through his hair.

"Did someone make fun of your kippah again?" I ask him, but Stan just shakes his head. "Good, because the one you are wearing today goes really well with your outfit. Like, damn." Very slowly, Stan peaks up from the table to look at me with a silly smirk on his face. At least he isn't grumpy anymore.

Stan sits back up from laying on the table to steal a piece of my cookie from my lunch tray. His parents never pack cookies for him in his packed lunch from home. At this point, it is so normal for his sassy self to take chunks of my cookie from my lunch.

"So, basically, my Dad is having me memorize some of the Torah for a test on Sunday. I've been trying for three days to memorize it and I can't fucking do it." Stan takes one last angry bite of my cookie and gives the rest of it back to me.

"Okay, let me help you," I tell Stan in a nonchalant way. His eyes squint at me with confusion. "Come on, I understand the concept of looking at words and remembering them. We can work together after school today and tomorrow if you would like. I only ask for you to help me with math homework and cuddles."

"Guh-get a rah-rah-room," Bill grumbles into his sandwich. Richie repeats the same sentence and laughs out loud. That kid can literally laugh at anything.

Stan sighs, "you can come over and help, but all I'm saying that nothing is going work."

"Bet."

———

"This is the plan," Stan says to me as we begin to bike away from our friends. "We get to my house, have a snack, then cuddle in my room until Mom or Dad gets home. We have to cuddle first, because we can't let them know you were in my room when they weren't home. Next, we study in the kitchen like good kids, then hopefully they will let us go back to my room until six forty-five, when you have to leave. Sound good?"

"It does sound good," I say to Stan with a small smile. He gives me a quick glance, which wasn't quick enough, because he nearly crashed into a tree. Poor Stan.

I throw my backpack on Stan's kitchen table as he grabs an apple for each of us. He carefully cuts them up into slices and grabs the peanut butter to eat them with.

"Here you go, M'lady, fresh apple slices and peanut butter." Stan gives me a big smile, then hands me one of the plates of food. "Eat fast, I can't cuddle myself." With that, Stan sprints upstairs, leaving me alone in the kitchen. There is at least two slices left on my plate too. My boyfriend is desperate.

Eventually, I make it upstairs. I thought I would see Stan sitting on the edge of his bed, but instead, he is asleep on his bed. He literally fell asleep waiting for me to come upstairs.

Very carefully, I climb on the bed and snuggle myself against Stan. He makes a little sigh noise, then nuzzles his head into my hair.

"I didn't think you were ever going to come upstairs," Stan says in a very sleepy voice.