The Secret is Out (Mike)

2nd Person POV (MOVIE)

As soon as Mike left to go back home, you let out a deep breath and hid your face in your hands. Everybody around you was too busy to notice the blush on your face and the slight stutter when to talked to Mike. Surprisingly, they have no clue you have a crush on him.

It has been like this for the last couple of week. You would be the last one to wave goodbye to Mike, since he had to be home early to work on the farm.

After a couple minutes, you finally calm down and your face is back to normal. Your face is still a little red from being outside in the sun all day.

"Y/N, you still want to play hide and seek with us?" Stan asks, pointing at the rest of the crew behind him and bright smiles on their faces. You smile back and nod your head at them. The best way to keep your mind off somebody is to distract yourself.

Until you see him the next day.

———

Richie and Beverly are the only two down at the barrens when you arrive. You could tell that she was getting annoyed with Richie talking her ear off. Literally, it doesn't look like Richie has taken a breath for at least five minutes.

"So in the heat of the moment, I told her a joke about my wang and now she won't speak to me!" Richie sighs, resting a hand against his cheek as he pouts. "In the back of my head, I knew it wasn't the right thing to say, but I did it anyways."

"You truly are helpless, Richie," you say, surprising both of them. "Maybe not talk about your wang next time you want to impress somebody."

Richie sighs again. "Maybe you're right." He pauses for a moment, "damn, that was an insult, wasn't it?"

You and Beverly break out laughing hysterically. Eventually, Richie gives in to laughing as well. He has to be honest with himself, that was a pretty good roast.

"Enough about me and my shitty love life, what about you, Y/N? Are you getting some at the moment?" Richie says, changing the subject completely.

Your breath hitches and a small blush crosses over your cheeks. Curses to being easily flustered. "Actually, no, I'm not in need of a boyfriend at the moment."

Beverly snaps her finds at you. "Then why is your face all red at the moment!" Your face flushes even more, because she pointed it out. "You have a crush on somebody, spill it!"

"No, I really do not," you reassure. Beverly gives you a mischievous look, and her stare really doesn't help your embarrassment. "Okay, stop, stop! I have a crush on somebody!"

"Tell me, tell me, tell me!" Richie says in a very girly voice. "Who do you have a crush on, Girl?"

You shove Richie to the side, obviously annoyed with him. "I can't say, I don't want him hearing me."

Beverly smirks up at you, "there is the first clue, it is someone is our group. So it can't be Richie, otherwise she would have told us by now." This time, Richie is annoyed, so he lightly smacks the side of Beverly's shoulders. "Which means it can't be me either, so stop pouting, Tozier."

"But that means Bill, Eddie, Stan, Mike, or Ben are going to get some with hot stuff over here. How do you think I feel?" Richie complains back, putting his hand on his face again.

"Nobody is getting anything with Bill, he is off limits," Beverly sasses back to Richie. They continue to go back and forth with each other, yelling about whether or not Bill and Beverly are dating (since they never confirmed anything) and Richie being a whiny bitch.

You get tired of them fighting over their personal lives. This conversation isn't about them, it is about you and only you.

"Stop arguing! I have a crush on Mike, okay!" That completely shuts up your two friends. They turn to stare at you with wide eyes and smiles, but you are in such a daydream of Mike, you didn't even realize what they were staring at. "Just seeing him makes me smile. Literally every day, I get so excited to see him. He is also so nice to everybody he meets, and he is never mean to anyone. There are days where I want to give him so much love and affection, but I can't because we aren't a couple."

By now, Beverly has hand over Richie's mouth and it looks like he is really struggling to not talk. Beverly could barely hold him back.

"What the hell is wrong with Richie?"

It is in that moment when Richie broke free of Beverly's grasp and started yelling like a maniac. "He's been right behind you the entire fucking time, Y/N!"

"Oh dear god," you mumble to the floor below you. Usually you take any chance you can get to look at the handsome boy, and now, you can't even bring yourself to turn around to face him.

"True be told," Mike says with a nervous tone in his voice, "I get excited to see you too."

You turn around so fast you almost gave yourself whiplash. Okay, maybe not that fast. Behind you is Mike, and the whole rest of the gang is standing next to him. They all heard you talk about how much you have a crush on Mike.

"Do you really mean that or are you pretending to like me so I don't humiliate myself in front of all of our friends?" you cross your arms over your chest and stare up at him. Mike walks a bit closer to you and offers you a hand to get up off the ground.

He lifts you up off the ground and continues to hold them in his hands. "I really do mean it. Now, do you want to ditch the place and go somewhere else together?"

"Definitely."

As you and Mike leave the barrens, you hear some of the boys cheering for him and them talking mumbling how they knew the entire time that you had a crush on him. Richie did sound a little disappointed that you had a crush on Mike and not him, but he understood later after Beverly explained to him that you won't even date him after that conversation about his wang.

Anyways, Mike takes you to the nearby ice cream shop and buys you and himself a small cone. The entire time, he had an arm around your shoulder and a cute smile on his face.