Friendzone (Stan)

2nd Person POV (MOVIE)

"Stan, put me down on the ground this instant!" You laugh a bit, smacking the side of his shoulder. While in town, Stan decided it would be fun to walk around with you on his back until arriving to the tree house. Richie got the idea after that to jump on to Eddie's back, but the two of them fell to the floor. It was a mess.

"I'm not letting you down yet!" Stan giggles back, "we haven't made it to the tree house, until then, you are staying on my back."

"Yuh-yuh-you two are rah-ridiculous," Bill says walking past you and Stan. In the back of your head, you know Stan is rolling his eyes at Bill.

When finally reaching the tree house, Ben opens the latch and hops in first. All of the others follow him down while you attempt to get off of Stan's back in the smoothest way possible. It still ended with the two of you tumbling to the ground and laughing.

"Goodness, Stan," you giggle, sitting up from the ground, "I love being your friend."

Stan stops laughing and gives you a timid smile. Almost immediately, he gets up from the floor and climbs down the steps. It is not weird for him to change moods like this, but with you, he usually never does.

Down in the tree house, Richie and Eddie are already fighting over the hammock again, even though Ben was nice enough to hang up another one. The others are all doing their own thing, even Stan, who is already neck deep into his bird book.

Since you are the last one to enter, you close the door to the tree house. Ben even helps you close the door, knowing you already have a problem doing it yourself. Of course, you hear somebody behind you scoff. That somebody is Stan. This is the second time now you've caught him acting up.

Everybody in the tree house has things down here to keep themselves entertained. You have an art book to draw in and a pack of pencils. Most of your art book is filled with animals, but there are a few rare pictures of Stan in there. Your most recent one of him is unfinished and since he is acting like a dick, now is the best time to get it done. You see, if Stan is mad at you, he won't want to do anything with you, so that is why you decide to sit on the opposite side of the tree house near Beverly.

"Y/N, can I paint your nails?" Beverly asks, holding up a couple of polish colors. She keeps all of her makeup and nail stuff in the tree house, because if her Dad knew about that stuff, he would murder her.

"Sure, you can paint my toes since you did my fingers last week," you continue to draw pencil lines across your paper. Beverly does a happy laugh as she scoots towards you with the polish in her hands.

Every once in a while, you glance up at Bev to see her very focused on painting your nails and behind her, you can see Stan staring at the two of you. When he finally notices you looking at him, he turns his head away and makes a gruff sound.

"What is going on with you too?" Beverly whispers just loud enough to you. You look over at Beverly again, she is still focused on your nails, but is very aware of yours and Stan's interactions with each other.

"I have no clue, to be honest," you tell her, going back to your drawing of Stan you have been working on.

For the next couple of days, Stan continues to ignore you. Every time the gang got together to hangout, he would only talk to the others, leaving you with Beverly and Ben.

And now, it is Sunday. Stan definitely cannot hangout today, leaving you, Richie, and Beverly to wonder around town. You guys are the only three in the group who don't go to church in a regular basis, not like you guys care anyways.

"We should go to the arcade today," Richie pipes up, putting one hand on Beverly's shoulder and the other on yours. The two of you roll your eyes at him and shake your heads. "Come on, it is my turn to choose what we do today!"

"No it isn't," Beverly snarks back, "yours was last week, this week is Y/N's turn. So, what would you like to do today, Y/N?"

You shrug your shoulders at them, "I don't know, we haven't been to the park in a while."

Richie drops his hands from your guy's shoulders and groans. "But you two always beat me to the swings, what am I supposed to do?"

"Don't complain, you always climb on top of the swing set and hang above us." Beverly says, reminding him. The playground finally comes into view. The two girls look at each other, then sprint off towards the swing set.

His head lifts back up, seeing that you two already left, "I forgot about that!" Richie shouts, even though his friends aren't paying attention to him anymore.

You and Beverly begin to laugh and talk about things while moving back and forth on the swings. Richie takes his time, mimicking his friends and emptying his pockets before climbing the poles. When he finally reaches the top, he dangles his legs over the top and starts paying attention to his friends again.

"And he hasn't spoken to you since last Monday?" Beverly asks in a surprised tone.

"Yeah," you say sadly, "I don't even know what I did wrong to make him upset."

"Stan?" Richie questions. You look up at him and confirm his confusion, which only makes him laugh. "I hope you know he has a fucking crush on you. He's made because you friendzoned him."

You freeze on your swing, nearly falling off of it. "He—he likes me back?"

"Y/N, he's mad at you!" Richie shouts in frustration.

"Then what do you mean I friendzoned him? I thought we were flirting the entire time on our way to the tree house before he stopped talking to me." You stop your swing completely, just to stare up at Richie and make sense of his conversation. Beverly stops her swing too, fully invested in this conservation.

Richie clears his throat a bit, getting ready to do an impression of you. "I love being your friend, Stanley," he imitates. "You said that after the two of you fell on your butts. I've only been hearing about it for the last week. All Stanley does it talk talk talk about you."

You smack your head against your forehead and groan. "I didn't mean for him to take those words so seriously. I really am an idiot. I really need to fix this." You jump off your swing and begin to run in the direction of Stan's house. "I'll see you guys later!"

The run to Stan's house is not fun. For some reason you made the decision to run the entire way there, which was not smart. You had to stop half way there to catch your breath and sit on a bench.

When you finally reach his house, you take another moment to catch your breath, then knock on his front door. You could hear Stan's voice from the inside of his home, telling his parents that he would get the door.

"Hello— Y/N?" Stan whispers, closing the door slightly so his parents don't hear him. The first thing you notice when you see him a his kippah, this is the first time you've seen him wear it outside of school. Plus, it matches his outfit. "What are you doing here?"

"I— um," you look away from him, then look back, trying to get a hold of yourself. Out of all the times you become flustered around him, why now.

"You know I'm not supposed to hang out with you guys today, it is Sunday!" Stan says, lowering his voice so you could only hear him. "Besides, I'm in the middle of something right and now and you showing up ruins—"

This by far was the most cliché thing you have ever done, you shut him up by kissing him. Of course, Stanley is taken back a bit by your kiss, but he eventually melted into it and kissed your further.

"I'm sorry if you think I friendzoned you, I clearly didn't mean it, and I want to be more than friends." You say rather quickly. Stan nods his head, confirmed what you just said without saying anything. He probably is too stunned to say anything at the moment.

The conversation ends there. His mother is heard yelling at him to come back inside, which he responds to and leaves. Stan does mumble a quick "see you tomorrow" and turns to leave, but turns back to give you another kiss before going inside.

Today was definitely a good day.