That One New Kid (Ben)

3rd Person POV (MOVIE)

The last thing anyone wants to see on the last day of school is a sister smelling like garbage, and Beverly smelled like garbage. Y/N doesn't know exactly how it happened, but when she found Beverly by the bathrooms with a twitchy eye and a half smile on her face, she knew it wasn't good.

They couldn't waste anymore time at school. Their father would be home soon and if he came home before they did, Beverly and Y/N would get in trouble. Like bad trouble. Beverly also needed to take a shower before her dad got home, because if she gets in trouble for being smelling bad, then her twin gets in trouble.

On the way outside, Y/N has started walking backwards with a couple of random books tucked in her arms. Beverly is walking the correct way holding her own books she grabbed from her locker.

"So I told her in class to go— OH MY GOD!" A loud thump came right after Y/N screamed. Basically, Y/N tripped, fell right down on her butt, and landed on the hard concrete. "I can't believe that just happened."

Beverly would have gone down the stairs to help her sister if she wasn't laughing so hard. Instead, a short boy jumped off his bike and did his best to help Y/N off the ground.

"Y-Y/N, are you okay?" The boys drops his model on the ground and holds his hands out for her. Y/N nods her head, then grabs the random kid's hands.

Once Y/N is finally standing up, Beverly walks down from the top of the stairs and gives the boy a sly smile. "You're the new kid, right?"

The new kid steps back a bit, smiling down at the ground. Y/N and Beverly could also see how flushed his cheeks are getting, and honestly, Y/N thinks it is adorable.

"His name is Benjamin, Bevy."

He looks up for a spilt second, nobody ever calls his Benjamin unless he is in trouble with his Mother. "Actually, it-it is Ben, but I don't mind you call-calling me Benjamin."

Beverly can see how flustered Ben is getting around her sister, she can also see how warmly Y/N is looking at Ben. That is the very moment Beverly decided she needed to be Y/N's wing-woman.

"So, Ben, what kind of music are you listening too?" Even though Beverly asked the question, she still didn't give Ben time to answer before she takes the headphones off his neck to put around her own ears. She takes a couple minutes to nod her head to the New Kids on the Block song blasting through the headphones. "Y/N, it is New Kids on the Block!"

Y/N is quick to rip the headphones off of Beverly this time and put them against her own ears. After a couple of seconds, Y/N lays them against her shoulders and smiles down at Ben. "Dude, I love New Kids on the Block. Their songs are absolutely phenomenal."

He beams up at her. "I know right, the song that is playing now is one of my favorite ones, but I also like a lot of their more recent songs from their latest album." Y/N is really smiling now. Sure, Beverly has heard of New Kids on the Block only because her twin likes the group so much. Come on, who doesn't like New Kids on the Block, they are amazing.

"Oh shit," Beverly curses loudly. Y/N and Ben both snap out of their daze of staring at each other, which concerns Y/N until she realized why Beverly interrupted this moment.

Y/N carefully takes off the headphone and puts them around Ben's neck again. "I'm really sorry I have to go, but I hope we will meet again soon."

The two girls begin to quickly rush off, almost sprinting the way down the school's courtyard and onto the sidewalk to walk home. They were going so fast, neither of them heard Ben say, "Please don't go girl, like in the song, yeah, okay." That small moment didn't stop Ben from smiling the rest of the day.

On the quick walk home, Y/N and Beverly were giggling the entire time. Beverly kept trying to ask her sister stupid and lovely dovey questions about meeting the love of her life back there. Of course, Y/N kept trying to brush it off, but she knew in the back of here mind that would indeed be the love of her life.