It's Not Over Yet

"I'm sorry you had to see that." Aryse says coming up behind Lyra, who is sitting at one of the tables outside the school.
"It's alright.. I didn't expect that but I'm fine." Lyra sighs.
"You're not fine, Lyra. You're hurt.." Aryse moves to sit across from her. "Mind if I sit down?."
"Sure."
Aryse sits down across from her. "Listen, I'm just as upset as you are. I didn't know that they did that. Hayden lied to me and told me he was sleeping when he missed my texts and calls.. I believed him and just left it at that. When we were in the hallway and he just said something about doing that to Addison.. I realized that, that's what he was doing when he wasn't answering me. I'm so hurt and frustrated and very mad, but I'm not going to let it bring me down. Yes it's going to take some time to get over it but hey shit happens and sometimes bad things happen so something good can come along and better a person. It's not over yet, so don't get yourself so down, okay? I know I'm not the best person to find comfort in after what I did to you but I'm here for you, Lyra. Let me be here for you please. I love you, I hate to see you so upset."
Tears slip down Lyra's face. She walks over to Aryse and sits next him and lays her head on his shoulder. Aryse puts his arm around her. "Aryse, I'm so sorry..." she says in between sobs.
"Shh it's okay. I'm here." Aryse rubs her back and leans his head on hers. "Don't get upset it's okay. It's going to be okay."
They end up staying like that, Lyra leaning against Aryse and him rubbing her back in comfort, until the last bell rings.
Lyra looks up at Aryse. "Addison is supposed to be at my house at 4. What do I do?.."
Aryse looks at her and frowns. "You could just ditch and come with me. I mean I have a photo shoot and 4:15 but I'm sure you wouldn't mind seeing me in action." He smiles at her.
"Lyra blushes. "I'd like that."
"Good. Let's go." Aryse takes her hand and leads her to his car.
"Whoa..."
"She's a beauty isn't she. A beautiful car with a beautiful girl riding in in." Aryse winks at Lyra, and she blushes.
"You sure know how to make a girl blush, Aryse Baylor."
~~~
Addy- she said she has other plans...
Hay- she ditched you?? that's bs
Addy- right.. now I have no plans
Hay- I'd say you could come over but I wouldn't be able to keep my hands to myself..
Addy- who said you have to?
Hay- aryse knows what we did.. im sorry it just kinda slipped while we were talking in the hallway today..
Addy- wtf hayden?!... was he mad?
Hay- yeah he was pretty mad.. (l̶y̶r̶a̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶s̶) Hayden deletes that last part not wanting Addison to know that Lyra knows what they did.
Addy- im sorry hayden i didn't expect him to find out and you should really work on keeping secrets..
Hayden sighs and puts his phone down on his nightstand. Aryse is never going to forgive me.. He closes his eyes and drifts off to sleep.