3) Ritual Gone WRONG

Later That Night

3rd Person P.O.V- The museum had closed for the day and the majority of the staff has left to go home.

Mallory- (Hums Softly) I do a quick walk through making sure nothing has moved or been moved and everything is accounted for one last time, before I shut down all the lights and lock up the front doors.

Zak- I was practically stalking the petite blonde as she finished up her work for the evening, stepping out of the shadows as I stand silently behind her.

Mallory- Hearing the locking mechanism click into place, I pocket my key and turn around nearly having a heart attack. (Pants Heavily and Stutters) "You scared me."

Zak- (Growls) Raising the bat that's in my hands, I hit her in the head not only knocking her to the floor but also knocking her out cold.

Dungeon

Nick- I was reading over the ritual Zak wanted to do, when he walked in carrying one of his employees. (Raises Eyebrow) "Did you kill her?"

Zak- Tossing aside the bat as I lay the petite girl on the ritual table. "No, she's very much alive." (Huffs Displeased) I take my time in stripping her naked and then shackling her wrists an ankles.

Nick- (Shrugs) "Okay." I ignore his rather displeased tone as I continue my reading, while he sets up for the ritual.

Zak- It took me thirty minutes to set up everything properly. (Mutters) "Binding Rune, Summoning Sigils, Protection Runes, Six Black Candles, Three White Candles, Lighter, Charmed Dagger and Spell Book."

Nick- I give him the book as I go stand by the far wall, giving him space to do this.

Zak- Taking a deep breath, I slowly let it out. Checking the time once more, I pull off my shirt and toss it to the side as I sink to my knees in the middle of the pentagram that lays on the floor to the side of the ritual table.

Nick- I watch Zaks every move and listen as fluent Latin spills from his lips as he reads from the book lighting the three white candles first.

Zak- Picking up the dagger I dig it into the sensitive flesh just above my right hip cutting the desired ruin into myself. (Gasps Sharply) Once more Latin falls from my lips as I light the black candles and then raise the dagger above the blonde plunging it into her chest stopping her beating heart, a loud buzzing fills the room as an eerie burning glow envelopes everything.

Nick- I have to shield my eyes against the blazing light that had filled the basement.

Twenty Minutes Later

Zak- The blood in my veins burned like lava and my body felt like lead. (Groans) The immense pain slowly subsided as my senses kicked in and it was like everything was magnified.

Nick- Slowly opening my eyes and blinking away the colored spots, I find Zak sprawled out on the floor. "Zak?" Walking over, I notice how he flinches. "You, okay?" Kneeling across from him, he looks up to meet my gaze and I'm literally shocked by his appearance. His naturally tanned skin is unnaturally pale, his facial features now include red veins covering it like broken glass and his eyes are black. (Whispers) "What did you do?"

Zak- Seeing shock, love and possession flash in his eyes. (Mutters) "I fucked up."

Nick- Looking him up and down, I notice the blood on his hip and see a black inked tattoo that hadn't been there before. "I see that and Zak, we can handle anything that is to come...together."

Zak- Something in me just screamed MATE and the way he was so sure that we could handle whatever was to come, was just everything.