2) Reconciliation

Las Vegas, Nevada/ Haunted Museum

(One Week Later)

Nick- I was on an investigation in Boston, when I got the call. When it came to an end and we packed up our gear, my team headed home while I got on the first flight here to Vegas. (Sighs Heavily) I lean against the hood of my rental, pulling off my shades as I rub at my stinging eyes.

Billy- Aaron stays inside to keep an eye on Zak, while Jay and I sneak outside. "Brother!"

Jay- (Smiles) "Thank you for coming." Both Billy and I give him a much needed hug.

Nick- (Chuckles) I gratefully return their hugs. "Tell me, what has been going on? Why the sudden call for my return?"

Billy- (Frowns) "What hasn't been going on."

Nick- (Nods and Hums) "I've seen all the tv series you all film, you've been busy since I left."

Jay- (Sighs) "That's the um, problem with Zak. It all started when you left."

Nick- What he says sinks in. "I'm sorry, what?"

Billy- I quickly try to explain. "When you left, we all knew Zak was teetering on the edge as our last investigation with you he got partially possessed and we did this really weird Pagan ritual. Well, you leave and he completely goes dark side. He has us doing magic and forbidden rituals as well as chasing Demons. We didn't want to believe it, but there is definitely something off with him."

Nick- I listen to the explanation silently. "And you called me to what...fix him?"

Jay- Sharing a look with Billy. "Pretty much."

Nick- (Shakes Head) "He fucks up and now I have to fix it. Where is he?"

Billy- Pulling out my phone and quickly texting Aaron. "His office."

3rd Person P.O.V- It is a very tense and short walk inside to Zak's office, though it felt like an eternity.

Aaron- The door opens and my eyes widen. "Nick!"

Nick- (Smiles) "Hey Aaron."

Aaron- You could immediately feel the temperature drop. (Pales Drastically)

Nick- Turning my attention away from my brothers and to Zak. "Miss me?"

Zak- Sitting in my desk chair, digging my fingers into the fine leather of the arms as I look the familiar man up and down. "What are you doing here Groff?"

Nick- It still pleased me that I had such an effect of him. (Smirks) "I was summoned."

Zak- Glancing at the two culprits whom hide themselves behind him. "Why?"

Nick- Leaving Jay and Billy where they stand, I walk up to the desk and sit up on the edge. "Was told you needed me."

Zak- I glance from the devious brown eyed male, to my Warlock and Researcher. "What were you thinking?" 

Billy- Looking anywhere but at Zak. "We have your best interest at heart..."

Jay- Billy was at a loss for words, so I pick up where his sentence leaves off. "You need help and he is the only one who can help you."

Zak- Looking between the three co-conspirators rather skeptically. "Leave my office, now."

Aaron- We didn't have to be told twice as we exit the office, the door slamming shut behind us.

Nick- (Chuckles) "Can you not scare the living shit out of them, we need them."

Zak- (Hums Amusedly) Taking Nicks hand in my own as I admire his ringless fingers.

Nick- (Sighs) I attempt to ignore his questioning gaze. "Things just didn't work out, I accidentally brought something evil home. She has full custody of the girls, though I get to see them whenever I wish."

Zak- (Nods Understandingly)

Nick- Looking down at my fingers that are entwined with Zaks. "Is everything okay, with us?"

Zak- (Smirks) "It has been, for awhile and you know that."

Nick- (Sighs) "I was just checking." I watch as his blue eyes transition to black and then back. (Rolls Eyes) "You know they expect me to fix you right?"

Zak- (Chuckles) "Go ahead and try, but you love me to much and I'm too broken to be fixed."