•02•

"PRINCESS RAN!!! PRINCESS RAN!!" I heard general Wook's voice behind me.

I can't wait for them. Mother might be in trouble! I thought as I ran away, not looking back. I arrived at her quarters within a brief moment. The quarters looked normal and peaceful from the outside, but that didn't stop me. I walked over to the entrance and called in.

"Mother, are you awake?" I asked as calmly as I could.

I didn't want her to worry about the chaos in the palace if she wasn't in danger. I waited for a reply, but all I heard was silence.

Am I too late!? I was becoming more and more nervous, so I decided to move towards the window.

I peeked through the crack of the window to see a tall, muscular thug holding a knife against mother's neck. He was staring at the door, waiting for whoever knocked to open the door, so I quickly placed an arrow on the bow. Thanking the assassin from whom I borrowed the arrows and bow from, I aimed it through the window and released it. It shot the thug and he fell down.

"Yes!" I whispered as I ran towards the door.

Without further delay, I pushed the door wide open and stepped in. Mother was on her knees, tears dripping down her face. For a moment it made me forget that I hated her with all my heart, as I ran towards her.

"Mother, are you hurt? Are you okay?" I asked her, tears filling on my eyes as well.

"I'm fine Ran. Thank you, dear. I owe you my life..." She replied, cupping my hand tight.

I smiled with her briefly, but decided to take her somewhere safe before anything more could happen. I helped her up and explained the situation. I was about to drag her away from the entrance when I heard the door close behind me.

"Ran look out!! Behind you!!" Mother shouted pulling me towards her.

Before I could look behind, a sharp jab of pain shot through my neck and I fell onto the ground. I heard mother gasp, but I couldn't get up.

"Don't you dare take one more step." Mother's voice boomed through the room.

I saw a figure step over me. My vision was becoming fuzzy, but I didn't give up.

"Sure, queen.... have it your way" he said as he lifted me up by my neck.

His tight grip on my neck choked me, and I felt my vision and hearing getting blurry bit by bit.

"Let her go!" She screamed.

In an instant, I felt myself fly across the room and land on the hard wooden floor. Now I could see the thug, but his face was still unclear since he avoided the moonlight.

"What do you want?" Mother asked him, her voice shaking.

"Oh queen, don't play around with me. You know exactly what I want." he said smiling.

I wanted to help mother, but I felt My eyes get heavy, and soon I slipped out of consciousness.

••••••

I regained my consciousness and I noticed that we were moving. It looked as if I was in a carriage, so I decided to look around without making much noise. That's when I noticed that something was leaning against me. It was heavy and...... breathing.

What the hell is it!? Alarmed, I shook my shoulder.

After calming down a bit, I looked over at it in surprise and saw that it was mother leaning against my shoulder. I sighed in relief as I felt her breath touch my shoulder.