●34●

I stumbled back as the hand pulled the the rest of the stranger onto the windowsill. But as soon as my eyes locked with his, my body froze. The man was covered with blood, even his sword coloured with a fresh coat of crimson coloured blood.

Jae!? I blinked few times to make sure I'm not seeing things.

I couldn't think of anything but just stare at him. Finally, I opened my mouth to let out a scream, but he jumped towards me, clasping his hand over my mouth. I fell down at the impact and ended up with him pinning me to the ground. 

"Please, don't scream. I just need to explain." He said as I tried to break free.

Somehow, his expression and the desperation in his words pleaded me to give him a one last chance. I stayed silent as he told me to, even when his hand uncovered my mouth. Just then, I could hear the guards outside call me.

"Princess, what was that noise!?" I heard the panicked voices.

If I scream, Jae would be caught. I only should scream and this traitor and war Lord will be behind bars. I thought as I opened my mouth.

"I'm fine. You both shall have a break. I need some privacy." I said, as the guards thanked me and their footsteps disappeared.

I couldn't believe my own words. I was hiding a sworn enemy. In my chambers! But, his desperation did make me want to give him a chance. Jae was still on top of me, half of his weight resting on me.

"Thank you." He said.

I didn't reply but kept staring at him. I didn't want to let my guard down and end up dead. After all, he once tried to kill me and Hoon.

"I am forever..... In your..." Jae was running out of breath as he continued to support himself up with his hands.

"..debt...." he said and collapsed right next to me.

What the!? I quickly sat up and felt his pulse. It's getting weak. I thought as I pushed him a bit, so he was now laying on his back. His chest was covered with crimson blood, flowing out of his open wounds. He's stabbed! I thought as I quickly pressed my hands on his wounds without thinking twice.

"Jae?" I called him as his eyes fluttered open.

He didn't reply but closed them again.

"Just let me die." He said.

I looked at him as he pushed my hands away from the wound. This man is definitely crazy. I thought as I ran to my cupboard and fetched all the cloths I had with me.

He was passed out by the time I was back, so I pulled out his knife to cut his shirt. I locked the chamber doors for more safety and started to cut his shirt when his hand suddenly caught my wrist.

"I told you to let me die!" He said angrily.

"How pathetic of you to die just like that! Shut up and don't move or I'll pluck out both your eyes out with this knife!!" I said sternly, waving the knife.

Miraculously he listened and closed his eyes. I cut through his shirt and started to clean his wounds one by one. There were many, so I had no idea where to start. I was just about to dress his wounds up, when I noticed the snake burn mark on his shoulder. It was the same one as mine. Suddenly, my mind flashed back to my memories.