●14●

I walked through the doors after the physician excused himself from my room. Ah! I lost my chance to find the truth. I thought as I walked with the general. We arrived at the main hall and I walked in after thanking the general who escorted me. I felt the disgusted gaze of General Yeol land on me as I walked in.

"Have a seat, princess Ran." Hoon offered me a seat, as I walked over to him.

"Well well...." I snapped my head towards the door, where an unfamiliar figure stood.

"Welcome. Now have a seat." I looked at Hoon, who spoke very casually.

They must be close. Otherwise Hoon would never talk to anyone so informally. I thought as I looked at the stranger curiously.

"if it isn't princess Ran." I looked at the figure who was in front if me.

I got up and stood close to Hoon, unable to answer to his statement.

"Princess Ran, my trustworthy friend, king InHo." My blood froze as he introduced the stranger.

"I am seeing you after many years. It's a miracle, isn't it princess Ran?" Both men laughed, as I gathered up my words.

"Y-yes. King InHo, pleasure to meet you." I stammered.

"I heard the marriage wasn't confirmed yet. It should be about time now, Hoon." InHo said, eyeing us.

"Yes. We'll hold a ceremony for it later." He lied confidently.

After taking our seats, we talked casually. The meeting was dismissed after few hours and we walked out.

"Princess Ran. Could I have a word with you?" I stood frozen as InHo stopped me.

After much argument going through my brain, I nodded and he escorted me to the garden.

"How have you been princess?" He asked me casually.

"I've been very well. Thank you for asking." I answered.

He studied me for a moment with the corner of his eyes as we sat on the bench, side by side. I noticed that he was studying me to find something from me, so I remained calm and acted as if I didn't notice. Don't give him any information. I'm suppose to just answer and leave myself out of trouble.

"I just wanted to know whether you were okay... After the accident at the palace." He said suddenly.

I sat there looking at him. His words sent me back in time. I couldn't remember properly, but the memory haunted my brain. It was several years ago when only Father and I were in the palace. We were having dinner when a sudden attack happened. The roof burned above us and I remember it falling on us. I've lost all my memories of my childhood and mother but thankfully father helped me by telling about mother. Until this day all I could imagine about mother was from what father told me.

I noticed the faint smile on his lips. You! Are you mocking me? I wondered angrily.

His expression made me angry but I calmed myself and laughed.

"That was years ago. I'm well now." I replied.

"I was about to ask you whether you got your memories back, princess. I'll be glad if you could tell me that." I looked at his cunning eyes with a disgusted expression.

"I'm sorry your majesty. I don't feel comfortable thinking about that memories again. Please excuse me..." I said as I got up left, plainly.

I kept the fact that I've lost my memories a secret. If he knew about it, I was afraid that he'll try to take advantage of me. The faint smile faded away from his face as I gave my answer. I excused myself and walked away, before he could ask me anymore questions. I was walking back to my room but my mind kept on wondering off to the marshal. I've received no information on him. Why? Where is he? Is he badly hurt? I wondered as I turned around and dashed towards the king's quarters.