●27●

Days turned into weeks and weeks into months. Ogum became the king and I remained princess. Everyone settled down as our kingdom was ruled in peace. Ohana moved into the palace with us. Hoon became Ogum's most trusted general.

I, on the other hand, remained unknown about my past. I've always wanted to know about my past, who I was and what it was like. The fact that Jae knew about me but I didn't know about myself bothered me a lot, and I often found myself wondering off about it in my leisure time.

"Only if I knew....." I thought once again, as I sat on the bench, which was in the corner of the rose garden.

"Knew what?" I jumped as I turned around to see Ogum.

"Just.....nothing." I told, looking away.

He sighed and sat next to me, scooping me closer to him.

"Now now, I know that face. Something is bothering you." He said, giving me a small smile.

Aww..... look at that smile. I thought and sighed deeply.

Damn, his smile always gets me.

"It's just.....I've been wondering about my past lately." I said, giving up as I saw him smile.

"Why?" He asked, looking forward.

"It's j.... I don't feel complete. There's a small part of me which says that I don't know who I am." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Hmm...." He hummed, knitting his brows together.

"But I don't know how." I said, placing my face in my hands.

We sat together in silence for few seconds as the the mountains far away gulped the sun down slowly.

"It's almost winter." I said as the cold wind blew past me.

"Hmm.... It's the most beautiful season." He said, looking forward.

"What makes you say that?" I asked curiously, sitting more closer to him in order to stay warm.

"The scenery from the castle is beautiful. Specially when the Owu river freezes." He said, pulling me closer.

I looked at him as he kept looking forward distracted. His lips were pulled together in a small smile, nearly noticeable. I wondered what would have happened if we didn't meet. Would I have married someone else? Would he ever find out he was the king? Would he had married.... Hiroshi?

"Ogum..... do you remember Hiroshi?" I asked, fidgeting with his coat.

I felt his chest vibrate against my ear as he chuckled.

"Why would you ask about her?" He asked.

"J-just curious. And you got your memories back, right?" I said in my defense.

"Well... no. Not all memories. But I hope it's for the best." He said and kissed me on the forehead.

Has he finally moved on from her? I thought.

"You are as good as her. Even better, I would say." He said, looking me in my eyes.

I blushed at his words and he laughed at me. After few minutes of goofing around, we returned back into the palace.

"Your highness, you've received a message." Hoon came running to us and handed a letter.

"Who's the sender?" He asked, confusion taking over his face.

"You better find out yourself." Hoon said shrugging as his head nodded towards the letter.

He opened the letter. His eyes darted through the letter carefully and his grip tightened. He handed it to Hoon in a hurry, who read it as well.