●18●

I entered the dimly lit room, my eyes widening in order to adjust to the darkness. I spotted Hoon who was out in the balcony, few feet away from me. I walked over to him and stopped behind him.

"Your majesty, I heard you expected me. Are you feeling well?" I asked formally, bowing to him.

"Yes. Join me." He said, giving me his hand.

I took his hand and ended up next to him, facing the scenery. I could see the whole palace from up there. I looked at it mesmerised by it's beauty.

"It's beautiful." I said out loud, earning a chuckle from him.

"I agree." He said, nodding his head.

We stood next to each other silently, enjoying the view. I placed my hand on the railing to lean against it when he laid his hand on mine. I flinched at the contact, but kept it unnoticed. I looked away from his eyes as he looked into mine.

"Princess?" He called me.

"Hmm?" I said, looking at him from the corner of my eye.

"About our wedding.." he trailed off and my stomach started to flip.

"I'm sorry Hoon." I said, backing away from him.

"What do you mean?" He asked me confused.

"I-I cannot marry you." I blurted out.

I looked away and took my hand from under his. He caught it quickly and held it tightly.

"Look here." He said but I remained looking away.

I soft hand cupped my cheek and turned my head to him, his eyes looking at mine.

"If trouble is what your worried about.Don't be. I'll never let anyone lay a finger on you." He finished.

I looked at him, my eyes now filling with tears.

"I'm sorry. I-I cannot." I stumbled on my words, as I pulled away my hand from his grasp.

I cannot marry the son of the murderer, who killed my mother. Who made me forget my memories. Who ripped my family apart.

"Ran, please." He pleaded, but I ignored him.

"It's not you. It's me. I'm the problem." I said, tears now rushing down my cheeks.

"Wait!"

I need some air.

I reached the door before he could continue, but Hoon was quicker than I thought. He turned me around and pinned me against the wall, his hands landing on the either side of my head. My head was now spinning from all the pressure and I wanted some fresh air badly.

"Please Hoon. Let me go." I pleaded him.

"Not until you tell me one good reason" He said.

I tried to push him away by pushing my hands against his shoulders, but he removed both my hands away with one hand. He held my wrists in one hand and I was completely trapped.

"I thought you knew me better." He said.

Hoon's words echoed again and again in my head as I was surrounded by darkness. I was sure that I didn't loose my consciousness, but it felt like a dream. The room filled with light again but it was different. I was back in father's kingdom, sitting on the dining table. I wondered what this was, as I stared at the feast laid on the table. I was standing by the door.

Father was at the table, holding his glass. I noticed the back of a beautiful woman, with her brown hair freely hanging her shoulder. Mother?