●36●(EPILOGUE)

Everything went back to normal after few days. After returning to the palace, Ryong revealed that it was King InHo who tried to kill me and Hoon that day. Ogum and Joo signed a contract against InHo.

InHo was named as a common enemy, who tried to trigger a war between the two kingdoms by spreading false rumors. Ogum and Joo threatened for him to surrender within a week, or they will trigger a war. A week passed when we received a letter from his palace. According to that, King InHo has committed suicide.

General Wook returned to Joo's side, quiting the Ryong Clan. His tattoo remained, but I am glad I got my childhood friend back. He promised to aid Joo until his last breath. He moved in with General Young's family, who excepted him as a son.

As for Joo and Yoshi, those two love birds are living happily. Yoshi was the one who helped us make the contract against his own brother. She knew InHo was no good news, and she proved him that she was an independent young girl.

Miri, my best friend and the best maid you could ever find told me that she and her husband was expecting a baby! I was so happy for her!! She asked leave the palace briefly and I gave her permission. I was gonna to miss her, but I'll be glad to see her happy.

Ohana decided to move in with us after I kept on pleading her to do so. She helped me a lot, since she was a strong support to me mentally and physically.

General Yang and general Yeol, the generals of InHo were to be banished by Joo, but I asked him to give them a chance. They both were kicked out of their general titles, and were to never work even as soldier in any Kingdom.

Jae ended the Ryong clan's era. He was given InHo's palace, since there was no one to rule it. He accepted it gladly, and left to his new Kingdom with the members of the Ryong clan, who refused to leave the clan. He always reminded me to call him 'Ryong' and not 'Jae', but I still call him that since I love to bug him.

Hoon remained as Ogum's general, but he fell in love at last. It was a noble woman he fell in love with, and he asked my blessings to marry her. Of course I said yes, because everyone deserve a 'happily ever after' in their lives, right?

Ogum remained king and ended the 'slaughter king era' from him. The people excepted him as king, even after knowing that he was a commoner's child.

Lastly, I decided to reveal all about our dark past to the people. Miraculously, the people still excepted us, and Ogum asked me to marry him few weeks after. I said 'yes' and just like that, I am about rule the kingdom by his side forever.

******

*...two months later...*

I was arranging my stuff from my old chambers, so I could move them to my new one. The maids offered to help me, but I asked them to let me do it alone. I was storing some books away when I noticed a thin and dusty book underneath all the other books. I pulled it out to find my favourite story book as a child. I remember my mother reading the same story for me everyday, until I could remember every word.

I blinked back the tears that formed in my eyes and turned the pages as the old memories filled my mind. I was just about to close the book when a dusty envelope popped out from the corner of the book. I pulled it out and opened it to find a letter.

My Dear Hiroshi,

I'm sorry that I couldn't give you the luxurious life I planned to you. I wanted my children to grow up like princes and princesses, but I ended up pulling you away from that life when I ran away from the palace.

My life is almost over but yours is still starting. Be like a tree, my dear. Stand still and strong when the sun tries burns you down; Stand still and strong even when the wind tries to wipe you away.

Be happy my dear. Find love, and cherish it. Look past the pain to see happiness. In the end I know you'll achieve it. Give, give and give, one day you'll get as much as you want. Remember that you are special.

Mother.

I clutched the letter close to my heart as I cried. I hope I made you proud mother.... I thought as I kissed the letter and wiped away my tears.

I was just packing up my stuff to leave my old chambers when a messenger told me that there was an ally of Ogum, waiting to meet me in the meeting hall.

I thanked him for informing me and walked to the meeting room quickly. I stopped on my way just to get a brief look at our kingdom from the balcony right in front of the meeting room.

I smiled to myself as I looked over at the horizon, the wind hitting my face gently.

I was glad that we could end the era of sorrows and start a new one with the most important people who I shared my life with. My smile grew bigger as Ogum, Hoon, Ryong and Joo popped into my mind, helping me grow up to who I am today.

"Its an era of Love, mother." I told before turning around and stepping into the familiar meeting room to be greeted by the neighbouring king.

"Queen Ran. A pleasure to meet you." Ogum's ally addressed me.

I smiled genuinely and addressed the king.

"My apologies for correcting you my lord. But please, call me Hiroshi."

------------------------------------------------------
THE END
------------------------------------------------------

-GeekyDimplez♥♡