•06•

The continious sound of shouting and barking orders rang in my ears as I regained consciousness. My ribs were still hurting but I pulled myself up and walked over to the door of the store room. After pushing the door open, I poked my head out but saw no one. The never ending shouting of the generals continued, but the corridor was deserted. I was about call out for help when I heard a familiar voice few yards away.

"Princess!!" I heard commander Hoon's voice.

I looked up as he came running to me. He lifted me up and pulled me out of the store room, before I could protest.

"General Wook! General Young! I found the princess!!" he called out and I heard a couple of more foot steps approaching.

"Princess! What happened?" I heard general Young's panicked voice.

"I'll call the physician." General Wook said, his voice sounding worried.

The marshal... I thought as grabbed the commander's sleeve, who was holding me.

"The marshal... he's in the store room..." I said. I wanted to explain more but I was too tired.

With a simple nod, I saw general Young run into the store room.

"The marshal will be alright. Now, allow me to take you to the physician, princess..." Commander said, lifting me up effortlessly.

I leaned my hard against his chest and closed my eyes, letting the darkness around me to take over me.

••••

My eyes fluttered open. The bright sunlight hurt my eyes but after a few blinks, I got used to it. I looked around the unfamiliar room, when an elderly man stepped in.

"Princess Ran! You have finally woken up..." he said, as I got up and sat down, rubbing my hurting head.

"Where am I? What happened?" I asked him.

"I am Chun Yeongsoel, the royal physician. Our commander brought you to me late night the day before yesterday." He explained, handing me a cup of water.

"What!? So I've been unconscious whole yesterday?" I asked, totally taken by surprise.

What? I was suppose to meet the slaughter king yesterday.... I thought as I emptied the water cup in frustration.

"You were lucky to get up this fast considering your injuries princess. For a person with half of the rib cage broken, it is unlikely to wake up for few days." He said.

"What about the marshal?" I asked.

"No need to worry about him. He's doing well." Yeongsoel answered with a laugh.

"Then, I'm glad. It would be upsetting to see him hurt even after he saved my life...." I said, smiling.

"Do you feel any kind of pain, princess Ran?" He asked, changing the subject.

"Not at all sir. I believe your treatments have cured me." I said, getting up.

My body was still a bit sore, but it was way better than before. I thanked him and he handed me a couple of herbs to help my recovery.

"Please, address me by my name, princess." Yeongsoel said, as I stepped out of his quarters.

"And also, thank you princess, for you saved the marshal's life." Yeongsoel said, squeezing my hand tightly.

I smiled and took my leave, leaving the friendly physician behind.

He seems to have a tight relationship with the marshal. Perhaps that was one of his relatives....? I thought, unable to forget how glad he was to see the marshal safe.