•03•

I followed general Wook through the forest. No words exchanged amongst us, so my thoughts wandered all over the place.

General Wook is young to be a general. I wonder how old he is? How did he join father's army? What about his family? My inner thoughts came up as I walked behind him, staring at his broad shoulders.

Time passed and my thoughts wandered off through what happened in the night. I felt like I just couldn't remember something that was very important which happened in the night.

I was so absorbed in thinking, and I realised that when I accidentally bumped against something. I looked up to find general Wook facing me, with a confused expression on his face.

I stepped away from him, as I felt my face get hot with embarrassment. He didn't say anything and we continued walking. The silence between us was both unbearable and awkward for me, so I decided to start something.

"Did you find out about the thugs, General?" I asked him, hoping he would talk with me.

"Not yet princess. Though I have a hunch about it." He said, stopping.

"A hunch? And what would that be general?" His answer made me curious, so I questioned him again.

I walked towards him, waiting for his reply.

"I believe there is a high chance that it might be the king of the enemies." general Wook said, tapping his head.

"I heard that all the enemies joined the forces" I pointed out as he nodded.

"Do you know who he is? Or who it might be?" I asked.

"No one has ever seen him since he keeps his identity a secret. If my memories are correct, I remember him referring to himself as the slaughter king" general Wook said as he moved his hands through his dirty blonde hair.

I looked up at the night sky, trying to figure out what was happening. I was thinking, but seeing the shiny full moon on the sky distracted me.

"Oh no!" I exclaimed as the missing piece of my memories came back to place.

"Tell the queen and king that the Slaughter will come to visit them on the day of the full moon" I heard the stranger's voice in my head.

"What is it, princess? Is something wro-" Wook started but I cut him off.

"We must go to the palace as soon as possible. I'll explain on my way" I said and general Wook started to clear the path quickly.

Within minutes, we reached the palace gates. I explained my memories on the way and General Wook guided me into the palace. It was empty, except for the dead guards and thugs here and there. Wook picked up a sword from the floor and we continued.

"Stay close to me, princess..." He instructed as I nodded and followed him into the palace.

The main palace was the same, not even a guard to be seen. General Wook didn't leave my side and he made me feel safer. We reached the meeting room, where normally the generals and father have their meetings.

I heard a small murmur from inside and I looked at Wook. He kicked the door open, standing in front of me to cover me up from any possible attack. My eyes met with half a dozen generals, who had their swords and other weapons ready for a fight. All of us sighed in relief as we recognised each other.

"General Wook?" I heard father's voice.

His tone was icy, which indicated that he wasn't satisfied with the general's work. Father has always treated his generals like animals and I knew they hated it.