●17●

"Owww...." I winced as I pushed a huge, heavy plank away from my stomach.

The black smoke was thicker than ever, but gladly the flames have reduced a bit. I looked around, ignoring my watery and burning eyes.

"Ogum?" I called out, my voice trembling with fear.

Next to me, I heard something shift under the planks.

"Ogum!?" I repeated, this time lifting up the fallen planks away from the movement I just saw.

For my relief, I found Ogum under the planks. He mumbled something, pushing away a heavy plank effortlessly.

"Are you okay?" We both asked each other at the same time.

"Yes princess." He said, wincing as he sat up. 

"Are you crazy? Look at your leg! It's b-bleeding!!" I said in panick, stumbling on my own words.

"It's just a scratch. Don't worry." He assured me, but I wasn't assured. 

"Where's Hoon?" I asked as I called out his name several times.

The half of the roof was still holding up, but the fallen half has almost ruined the whole stable. Ogum limped off to the other side looking for him, while I headed towards the door.

"Princess. Over here!" I heard Ogum's voice, and I was by his side within seconds.

Ogum has already pulled him out of the fallen roof when I came running.

"Oh my god! Hoon!!" I gasped as I saw him.

He was bleeding a lot, making it hard for him to stay conscious. He took a shaky breath and smiled forcefully as he laid his eyes on me.

"I'm fine princess. This is nothing." He said, wiping the blood off his forehead.

"Don't say another stupid word!" I instructed him as I dropped off to the ground. 

"He's bleeding badly. It won't stop. We must take him to a physician." I said turning to Ogum, tears running down my cheeks.

"Horses!!" I shouted suddenly, pointing to the stables.

Ogum nodded and limped towards their direction as I turned my attention back to Hoon. He smiled at me again like an idiot, which made a huge lump on my throat.

"You really should stop worrying." He said again.

"You really should stop smilimg. Now, don't talk." I made him quiet as Ogum brought two horses.

"These are the only ones left. The rest are.....well dead." He said looking over his shoulder.

"Ogum, could you help him up?" I asked, nodding towards Hoon.

Ogum pulled one of his arms onto his shoulder and wrapped an arm around Hoon's waist. He winced in pain, but succeeded in getting on the horse. After him, Ogum got on the horse, leaving me with a horse on my own.

"Let's go!" I said as I climbed up my horse.

Just then, a metallic sound was heard from the stable door and it started to open within seconds. Ogum mumbled to me.

"Run at full speed in 3..." He mumbled.

I calculated as Ogum did a count down. The door was opened too narrow for two horses to pass at the same time. Ogum must take the lead, since he has Hoon, who needs medical attention.

"...2.."

If I go at second, the attackers might attack me. If I remain, I'll be the perfect distraction.