●15●

Guys so sorry about the late update! I got caught up in school work and I promise I'll do my best in the future. Love you all loads♥

-

--------------------------------

I slid the chamber door open and stormed out. I couldn't believe what Hoon just told me. I thought that he was really nice and kind, but I was wrong. I wiped away my tears as I ran over to my room. I was so done with being tossed around like a rag doll, so I decided to find out my past with Jae. I gathered my stuff and stuffed them in a bag. I tied the katana blade the marshal gave me around my waist and grabbed the bag. I ran off to the stables and mounted my horse.

"If anyone asks for me, tell them that the princess went out for a small mission by herself." I told the boy who was brushing one of the horses.

I will figure out a way to solve this. I must. I thought as I left the palace gates and guided the horse towards my childhood home.

Few hours passed and I could see the palace gates. I lifted my hands up in the air to confirm that I wasn't an intruder. Few minutes later, one of the generals walked over to me. I noticed him from far away and called out his name.

"General Young. Long time no see." I smiled brightly.

"Who....Oh my....Can it be? Princess Ran!!" He cried happily and ran over to me.

He let me through the palace gates and the next thing I know, half of the generals were crowded around me.

"What is all this commotion?" A familiar voice questioned the generals.

I stepped from the middle of the generals to gasp in horror. General Wook stood in front of me, dressed in the marshal's uniform.

"Marshal Wook? Nice to meet you." I mocked him.

"P-princess Ran? What brings you here?" He asked me, looking almost startled.

"Off to work again!" He screamed at the other generals, earning lots of groans.

"I need to find some information about something. Can I check the store rooms? Just few hours and I'll be gone." I said.

"Aren't you going to inform the king about your arrival?" He asked me, confused.

"Wook, I'm not here to visit. I'm here to get some information." I explained.

His happy expression turned to a worried one in an instant.

"Is there anything wrong princess?" He asked me.

"No. I'm fine. Don't worry. I won't take long. Just until the evening." I pleaded.

He sighed and handed me the keys.

"I'll keep this a secret. I'll come in the evening. Lock the door." He instructed and guided me to the store room.

Once again, after Wook left, I was surrounded by nothing but old, dusty books. Seeing the palace and how it has changed made me sad, and I ended up wasting a whole hour crying in a corner. Later I decided to start my work. Not many books were there to find information about out family history, but I stopped by anything that I could find.

After searching a lot I came across a medical record. It was one of my mother's. I read it carefully. Thanks to Yeongsoel I knew each and every medication written in the paper. It was all to make her fertile. Wait. Does that mean mother wasn't able to conceive? I wondered as I stuffed it in my bag.