●20●

"M-me?" I stammered, unable to believe my ears.

"Why?"I asked again.

Yoshi just shook her head sideways and buried her head in her hands. I looked at her as her neat bun loosened and fell behind her shoulders in a long plat. I was about to pat her head when something caught my eye.

Oh..... the hairpin. It was the exact same with the fish shaped gem missing.

"Yoshi, let me ask you once more. Why can't you marry him?" I asked her as she lifted her head from her hands.

"I cannot stand you. I hate you! That's why I can't wed to this family." Her words hurt me.

I let out a sigh, which helped me to stop the tears from flowing down. Yoshi's eyes were looking all over my face but I kept calm. So, this is all InHo's doings?

"Did InHo tell you to say it?" I asked her plainly. 

"W-what? No! It is my decision. Don't underestimate my brother!" She shouted. 

My hand travelled into my pocket, where I fetched out the folded handkerchief.

"Don't you love each other?" I asked her, casually tossing the handkerchief in my hands. 

"We do. But with you, I'll never marry him." She said.

Ouch.

"And if I leave the family you'll marry him, right?" I asked her.

This is what InHo wanted. He wanted me out of the family. He's trying to kick me off by calling off the marriage.

"Fine. If I'm the problem, then don't marry him. But remember, I'll never leave this family. Make sure you say that to InHo too." I said, getting up from my chair.

"W-what!?" I heard Yoshi's panicked voice.

"Oh, why? I'm sure that wasn't the reply you or InHo wanted from me." I said turning to face her.

"What do you..." She started, but I cut her off.

"Think about it. Don't just do everything your brother tells you. Make your own decisions." I said tossing her the handkerchief.

She unfolded it and found the missing fish gem which I picked up yesterday. Her eyes filled with tears again, and she lifted herself off the chair.

"Ran, I'm sorry. I-I.... heard everything yesterday." She said.

"The way InHo threatened you... I heard it all. Later that night, InHo came to me asked me to call off the marriage." She continued.

"So, InHo as going to kick me off like that?" I asked. 

"No. His plan was to complain my whining to Joo, and then persuade him to keep you away from us." She said, shaking her head.

I was so mad that tears ran down my cheeks. I wiped them off and held Yoshi firmly from her shoulders.

"My whole life, the closest ones to me were the ones who betrayed me. So, make decisions that you won't regret. Let me know what you are going to do to this situation." I said and left the room quickly.

Outside, I noticed InHo walking down the corridor towards me. I looked away and walked to the opposite direction and ignored him. I looked as he stepped into Yoshi's room. The door closed behind him and I found myself hiding behind a wall, waiting for his return. Few minutes passed and the door slid open with a loud thud.