●32●

I opened my eyes to feel cold snow against my body. I noticed it was snowing rather heavily and I was halfway covered in snow. Where is Hoon and Ogum? What if they are in trouble? I thought as I tried to find the strength to get up.

"She's here!" I heard someone shout in the distance.

Footsteps got louder bit by bit and I felt someone pull me up from the snow.

"Hey, can you hear me?" Someone asked me, but my body was too numb to answer him.

He checked my pulse, his warm fingers pressed against my collarbone.

He looked up and said something to the man who just arrived near us. I felt myself drift away again as something warm wrapped around me. The winter snow hit my face, making it more and more numb as I fell into the never ending darkness. 

********

"Mother! Mother!! She's waking up." I opened my eyes as I heard a sound of a little girl.

What happened? Where am I? I thought, looking around the unfamiliar room.

The little girl who called out for her mother was sitting right next to me and now she was smiling with me. I smiled back despite the pain, because her warm smile made me more comfortable.

"I'm Yumi! Nice to meet you." She said, suddenly giving me a polite bow.

Aww.... cute. I thought as she sat down right next to me again.

"Yumi darling, could you be a dear and help me up?" I asked her in a hoarse voice.

She nodded and helped me up just as a middle aged woman entered the room.

"Thank heavens! That storm almost gulped you down." She said as soon as she saw me.

"How did I get here?" I asked as she crouched down next to me.

"My husband and my son
found you when they were in the woods, hunting." She said, handing me a warm bowl of soup.

"Thank you for saving my life. And thank you for this." I said as she chuckled and left the room.

Yumi, the little girl was still sitting next to me.

"Want to help me finish this?" I asked her and her eyes lit up.

She nodded rapidly and I handed her the bowl. I was far too confused to eat anything. I watched as she drank it down. I was sure that whar I saw were my memories, but now I remember them, it confused me more. I knew that I'm still missing a huge part of my memory and that's why need Jae to answer me.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door and Yumi returned the soup bowl to my hand instantly, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. Both she and I didn't utter a word and few seconds passed by when the door opened up a bit.

"May I..." an unfamiliar voice called our after clearing his throat.

I was about to answer when Yumi ran to the door, shouting.

"Brother!!" She shouted and slid the door wide open.

I watched as she threw herself into a man's arms, which caught her readily. I looked at the man, who looked like he was in his twenties.