•08•

I watched as the marshal general walked down the corridor and disappeared around the corner, after escorting me to my chambers. I removed the pin from my hair and looked at it. I wanted to know the reason he gave me this, but I failed to understand it.

Well..... looks like I have to ask him that.... I thought, looking down at the hairpin once more.

The king's ceremony was due tomorrow, so I knew I had a lot to do. Since I was his 'wife', I had no excuses.

I was about to leave when a sound of metal clashing got my attention.

What's that? I'm the middle of the night...... I thought, my feet moving towards the sound involuntarily.

I turned around the corner to see a man fighting against two others, who wore masks. They were engaged in the fight, all looking for their enemy's weakness. I noticed the man when his honey coloured eyes met mine.

It was the marshal.

He was fighting against the two other men, who were now staring at me.

"Run! Princess!!" I heard the marshal's voice rip through the silent night, as my feet obeyed.

I heard footsteps behind me, so I ran away as fast as I could, unable to help the marshal. I was still not that familiar with the palace, so the man who chased me was able to round me up in a corner. He pulled me by the wrist and pinned me to the wall, his tight grip wrapping around my neck.

His grip crushed my neck, making it hard to breath. I reached out to my right, desparate to find anything I could smash into this bastard. My hand wrapped around something cool and without thinking twice, I lifted it and smashed it onto my attackers head. Instantly, his grip loosened and I could breath once again. He backed away, surprised by the sudden impact.

I heard a door slide open from few steps away and saw the sleepy figure of Miri, come out of the door. The startled thug turned to Miri.

Oh no.... I thought as Miri turned towards us.

"Shout, and the princess dies." He threatened, but he was too late.

Miri's scream escaped her lips. The attacker was about to silence her, but I was faster to make my move.

"Run Miri!! RUN!! Get help!!" I shouted thought my croaking voice.

Miri looked at me and nodded. I saw her dissappear at the end of the corridor, before the man even touched her.

Wow..... that was fast. I thought, impressed by her speed.

I was about to run away as well, but the man caught me by wrist.

"You're not going anywhere...." the attacker said, pulling me towards him.

I felt a foul taste in my mouth as he gaged me with a piece of cloth.

"Now stay still." He said in a voice that made my blood freeze.

I closed my eyes in fear, not knowing what this man was about to do to me. I was brought back to reality with a burning sessation on my right shoulder.

Is he..... burning me!? I thought as I opened my eyes.

I was met with the attacker's eyes, which held an expression of happiness. He pushed me towards the wall, satisfied.

"Just one more thing. Few words from my master." He said, closing the gap between us.

I felt as if his grip crushed my jaws as he pulled my face closer to his. He dug his fingers into my cheeks roughly as he forced my chin up.