Part 20

I packed my bags in the morning for the mission. I didn't know how long it would be, so I took 3 weeks worth of clothing. I went into the living room and said goodbye to everyone. Steve followed me to the jet.

"Good luck out there Tara." He hugged me. "Remember, be nice to them, don't get hurt and stay alive." He hugged tighter.
"I'll keep that in mind." I hugged him back.
"Don't hesitate to call me." He let go.
"I won't, I'll inform you when I get there." I smiled at him.
"Agent Tara, we have to go." Maria said walking down the step and taking my bags into the jet.
"Bye Steve." I smiled.
"Bye Tara." He leaned down and kissed me on the cheek. "See you soon." He smiled and walked off.

"He definitely has a thing for you." I turned around to see Maria again.
"What? No he doesn't, he's just being a gentleman." We started walking to the jet. "You have to remember Maria, he's from the early 1900's, things were different back then." I reassured her.
"Or he just has a crush on you." She presses the button for the jet door to close.
"No, him and Peggy are still happy and together."
"Not for long." She whispered.
"I heard that."
"Whoops." She clicked her tongue.

We had a long flight ahead of us so i decided to sleep for the rest of it.
"Agent Tara?" "Tara?" "TARA GODDAMN NATURE!" Maria shouted.
"Huh?" I woke up.
"We're here."
"Ugh!" I moaned getting up and rubbing my eyes. "Let's get this done and over with." I said whilst grabbing my bag and walking out of the jet.

Steve's POV
"Guys I'm really worried about Tara." I said whilst rubbing my jaw and leaning my elbow against the table.
"Why? She'll be fine Steve." Nat said.
"I know, but it just doesn't feel right, like she needs us." I said standing up.
"She lived on this earth for 300 years before we were born, I think she's okay." Tony spoke.
"Don't worry about it steve, everything will be okay." Bruce patted me on the back.
"Can we please just do something?!" He said.
"Why?"
"Because...."
"Because what capsicle?" Tony asked.
"Because I love her!" I blurted out. Everyone went silent. Suddenly they all started handing money to each other. "What was that about?"
"We all knew one day Steve that you would finally speak your true feelings about her." Thor spoke.
"Arseholes." I mumbled.
"Language!" They all repeated and giggled.
"On a serious note tho, can we please just help her out?!"
"Okay fine!" Nat said walking out. "Well come on then." She motioned for everybody to come.

Tara POV
"Any news yet, agent hill?" I said sneaking round a corner listening through my earpiece.
"No, not yet." She said.
"I really hope this mission wasn't a waist of my time." I shook my head.

I took a sharp corner to suddenly bump into something.
"Pietro! When will you learn to watch out?!" She spoke in her thick accent.
"Sorry." He rubbed his head and stood up. I looked up to see the twins. "Ah, we've been in this position before haven't we?" He said.
"Yes we have." I said wiping away the blood off my lip.
"What are you doing here?" Wanda spoke, eyes glowing red.
"Hey, hey, hey Wanda. She won't hurt us , she not strong enough." He said holding her hands down.
"Oh really?" I betted.
"Yeah." He scoffed.
"I'll let you kno-"
"Enough talking, I want to know why you're here!" She yelled.
"Alright alright, just help me up first." I held out my hand but I was suddenly lifted off with a great force and landed roughly. Wanda smirked. "Thanks." I glared at her.
"Now why are you here?" She said walking closer.
"To talk." I replied.