Part 29

It's been a year since Sokovia. A year since the world was nearly destroyed. A year since he went. Pietro. That name still haunts me.

I heard about what Tony did and I know Thor went back to Asgard. I miss them, all of them. Oh wait, I haven't told you what's happened. I left. I ran away. I went after I read the letter Pietro wrote for me. It reminded me I need to live the life that I've always wanted to live, but I mean I'm not running out of time since I can't die. I ran away to Europe, specifically Venice. Little fact about to me, I can learn new languages pretty quickly. I guess that came from my mutation. I was currently at work, I work in a little cafe called piccolo caffè.

"Caio, cosa vorresti?" I asked ('Hello, what would you like?')
The man ordered his drink, I was about to handle it until.
"Breaking news, the worlds mightest hero's, The Avengers, are having crisis agreeing on wether they should let the government take control of their group or not. Tony Stark agrees with this but Captain America does not? How will they solve this? On the other hand, the Hero Mother Nature has mysteriously disappeared for a year now, will she come back? And where and who is she? More about this coming later tonight." The News lady spoke.
"Caio?" The man said wanting his coffee.
"Oh, scusa." I said. ('Oh sorry')

I went on my break and did some shopping. I heard someone scream. I turned around to see a lady being gun pointed at. I ran into an ally way and got into Mother Nature. Although, I had switched up my costume, it was now just a black catsuit with braids and a white mask. I don't usually do this but when it involves danger I'll do it, but it rarely happens here so I'm pretty much free.

I ran out and jumped onto the guy with the gun. He tried to take me off but my grip was too strong.
"Corri signorina." I shouted at the lady. (Run Miss.)
I flipped the guy over backwards so he landed on his front. I pinned his hands behind his back. Well that was easy. I called the police and waited until they came.
The woman eventually thanked me and gave me some flowers for a thank you gift.

It was now time for me to go home, I grabbed my bags from my locker.
"Hey Tara." My friend Jess said. Luckily she's from England so I can speak my fluent language.
"Hey Jess, how are you?" I asked.
"Fine just tired. I can't wait to get out of here." She said.
"Same here, hey do you wanna come over to my place tonight, Pizza and Ice-cream?" I asked putting my bag on.
"Sure, why not, it's the weekend tomorrow anyways, finally." She smiled and we both walked off.

"So Tara, have you had any relationships?" Jess asked me. This reminded me of Steve, I missed him, I know we only 'dated' for literally a few hours but I've known him for a long time. "If you don't want t-"
"I had a guy, I don't really know if we were a thing. His name was Steve. Blonde, blue eyes, tall, muscly and handsome." I said.
"Ha! Sounds like you're describing captain America." She laughed.
"Ha, yeah I wish." I laughed along with her unlocking my door.
"Blonde and blue eyes, reminds me of my ex." She said walking into my apartment behind me. "He was a di-" She nearly finished. I turned around to see her collapsed on the floor.
"Jess?!" I said worriedly. I noticed she had a dart in her neck.

"You're very hard to track down Tara." I heard a familiar voice. Nick Fury. I turned on my light.
"Evening Nick." I said casually moving Jess's body onto the sofa.
"So this is where you have been staying for the past year?" He said looking around.
"How did you find me?" I asked.
"You know that lady earlier, the one that gave you the flowers, all an act." He said. "The flowers had a tracker in it so here I am."
"But How did you know I was here, in Venice?" I asked.
"I had my suspicions. A heroic woman mysteriously shows up at a few robberies and what not."
"So you found me? Whatever you're going to do it won't work, I want my freedom." I said to him.
"The team needs you Tara, you-" Jess then snored, both nick and I looked at her to see her fast asleep. "You're the glue to the team."
"Correction, I was. I'm not anymore because I'm no longer an avenger, sorry but I don't want to be." I said blankly.
"You don't have a choice."
"I have a choice Nick! You have no idea what hell I went through to be like this! I deserve my freedom!" I yelled.
"And you'll get your freedom once the team is back together."
"I'm sorry Nick, but I refuse to do anything that involves the avengers and shield. I don't even what to hear the names again."
"Jesus Christ, I didn't think I'd have to do this." He shot a dart at me, making me go unconscious.