Part 26

I crept into kitchen quietly, it was currently 6:00am. I heard a click.
"SUPRISE!" Team shouted and I screamed.
"Happy birthday Tara!" They said.
"Thanks guys." I said hand on my heart trying to calm my breath down.
"How old are you now?" Nat asked.
"320." I said normally.
"Oh wow, you're old." She laughed.
"I heard that you already got your gift from Capsicle last night, 'Oh Steve right there!' 'Oh, oh, oh!" Tony mimicked me. Steve and I turned bright red. Bucky nudged him, in a 'go on mate' type of way. Steve smiled. "But I bought a little gift for you." Stark handed me a small box.

I opened it to see a stunning green and gold necklace.
"Oh my god, Tony, it's beautiful." I awed and hugged him.
"I'm glad you like it, I thought as your Mother Nature green would be a good colour."
"It's stunning." I grinned.
Here's what the team all got me.
Nat: A picture of her and me in Paris in a beautiful picture frame.
Bruce: A picture of little kids in Mother Nature costumes holding up a poster saying 'you're awesome'.
Steve: Uh, last night and a really pretty nightgown.
Clint: A selection of my favourite films
Thor: A stunning gold head piece from Asgard for my suit for Mother Nature.
Bucky: The pearl from our first date at the beach with a hand written note about how much I've helped him.
Sam: A coffee machine because he knows I want one and a really soft throw.

"Thank you guys so much for my gifts I appreciate it so much." I hugged them all.
"So what do you want to do today?" Tony asked.
"I don't know, maybe just sit around and  hang with you guys." I said.
"Okay, well as you wish." He said and sat next to me.

For the whole day the team and I joked around, played a few games and watched films, it was the best birthday I could wish for. Steve and I were currently snuggled up together with my new throw on the sofa whilst watching a film.

"I'm going to get some Shawarma, anybody want some?" Tony asked and we all raised our hands.
"I'm sorry Tony but seems like your plans are cancelled." Agent Hill came in. "We've tracked down Ultron and it seems that he's put this energy thing underground that will lift Sokovia up in the air in about 12 hours. We believe his plans are to drop Sokovia and that will destroy our planet. Happy birthday by the way Tara." She explained. I smiled at her. "Fury wants you all down now, your bags are packed and ready to go." Everybody got up. Then I realised Bucky wasn't coming. I told them I'll be ready in a few minutes.

"Hey buck are you coming?" I asked him walking up to him.
"Tara, I can't come." He said. "I don't want to continue fighting, I want freedom."
"I feel you Bucky, I actually those exact words to Sam last night." I smiled. "Here take this." I handed him the necklace I was wearing, not the one that Tony got me. "It has a picture of us in it."
"Are you sure Tara? And why do you still have a picture of us?" He said holding it.
"Buck, you were my first love and I'll never forget it. As I like to say, it's hard to forget someone that gave you so much to remember." I looked at him. He hugged me.
"Thank you Tara." He said.
"You're welcome." I started to tear up. This might be the last time I get to see him. "I love you buck."
"I love you too Tara." He said and let go. "I'll see you soon." He spoke.
I waved him off and walked out.

We're all sat in the jet.
"Sorry you've had to do this on your birthday Tara." Clint said.
"It's fine honestly." I said.
"It's not though, this is meant to be your birthday." Steve spoke.
"I'd rather save the planet than spend one day lounging around just because I aged one year." I said.
"Fair enough." Thor spoke.
"So what's the plan Maria?" Bruce asked.
"Fury has assigned everybody for different things. Romanoff: Fight off any guards or robots. Banner: Wait until code green. Barton: Find Wanda Maximoff. Odinson: Just do you. Steve: Protect the people and fight. Tony: Make sure no one gets to the energy thing. Nature: Do pretty much everything, oh, and find Pietro." She explained. We all nodded. The jet doors open and Tony stands up.
"I love you guys." He held his hand out.
"What ever it takes." We all said and joined our hands on top of each other's.
And with that we all separated.