Part 33

I don't know why I'm so nervous. I mean of course the team and I have had our ups and downs but I've never reacted like that. I don't know how they're going to react and I'm definitely not prepared for it.

"Hey guys, I bumped into someone on the way." Bucky said as he gestured for me to come in.
"Hey." I looked up. Wait what? "Where's everybody else?" I asked. Steve, Sam, Nat and Bucky were the only ones in the room.
"Starks gone. He said he needed to live on so he's planning to live up state." Steve replied, he looked dead inside. Everybody did. "The avengers split up." He said.
"What?" I said in disbelief.
"It was the best thing to do." Sam said.
"Of course." I mumbled.
"We're so sorry Tara." Nat spoke tears rolling down her cheek.
"Guys, Come here." I held my arms open, they all came and hugged me in a group cuddle. "Non of this is your fault. This was the government. I love you guys no matter what, and I'm so sorry about the other day. I thought I lost you all." I whimpered.
"You could never lose us." Sam said.

We all pulled away and whipped our eyes.
"Does anyone want to go for a walk?" Steve asked. They all agreed apart from me. "Tara?"
"I'm sorry, but I think I'm going to go and see Tony." I smiled at them.
"Understandable." Steve said and then waved me off.
I rung up Tony when they all left.

Hi you know who I am. Leave a message which I most likely won't listen to. Thank you bye.

I huffed.
"Hey Tony, it's Tara. I need to come and see you, Steve told me that you've moved upstate which is pretty cool, but please give me the address, I miss you. See you soon." I ended the call.

I walked down to the reception looking at my phone.
"Could you please check if he wants to see me, I'm his intern." I heard a young boy say.
"I'm sorry sir, but there's nothing I can do, mr Stark isn't here." The receptionist said. I looked up and turned off my phone and walked over to them.
"Hey kid, did you want to see Tony?" I asked him, he looked at me with soft eyes.
"Uh, yeah." He rubbed the back of his neck.
"But miss-" the receptionist said.
"Don't worry, Tony would want to see me." I smiled at her a led the kid out of the building.

"So you know where Mr Stark is?" He asked me.
"Pft, no." I laughed, he stopped.
"Then where are you taking me!" He seemed scared.
"Hey don't be scared. I want to see Tony just as much as you do, trust me." I smiled.
"Why? Where you one of his one-night stands?" He asked.
"What?! No! I'm a friend of his, we didn't really end things well the other day." I said sadly.
"Hang on, you're a friend of his and you fell out a few days ago." He said.
"We didn't fall out, but yes, why?" I asked him.
"Oh my god! You're Mother-!" He started to yell, but I covered his mouth and dragged him into a alley.
"Shut up!" I whispered.
"Sorry! But you're Mother Nature!" He whispered excitedly.
"Congratulations." I rolled my eyes. "But how did you know about this?"
"Uh, I-" he stuttered.
"How old are you?"
"15." He said.
"And you're spider man, makes sense." I said.
"What, no, I'm not-" he laughed nervously.
"Oh cut the crap. I'm smarter than I look." I giggled.
"You are."
"So what's your name Spidey?"
"Peter. Peter Parker." He said. "And yours?"
"Tara Nature."
"Nice name, so we've met before but obviously not our true selves."
"Yeah, like what you see?" I asked jokingly.
"Yes." He whispered.
"Don't catch feelings boy, remember I'm 320 years old." I laughed.
"Right." He smiled. "Listen, I'm sorry but I have to go, my aunt is expecting me back." He said as he awkwardly went for a hug. "Thank you Mother Nature, everything will be okay, I promise."
"Thanks Pete, see you around." I let go and waved him off.