He's Gone Mad

We walk to the closed interrogation room, and sit on the bench across from the door. "Jerome. No matter what happens just know i love you." I say looking at the ground. "I love you too (y/n)." Jerome says in a hushed voice. The door opens and an office gestures us to go in.

I grab Jerome's hand and lead him in getting a strange look from my father. "Hello Jerome. You know Mr. Cicero from the show." "Yes of course. Hello Mr. Cicero." "Good evening Jerome." Mr Cicero says with his scratchy voice.

"You know why you're here Jerome?" "Did you find out who killed my mother?" Jerome asks with a worried voice. "You killed your mother Jerome." I shake my head lean back against the wall.

"Me?" "You killed her up on the hill, and Mr. Cicero let you clean up in his trailer. He told you to scratch the satinets stuff on the hatchet then toss it off the bridge." "Sir that's absurd and offensive." "But it's the truth. What I don't know is why this man risked so much to help you. I think he's your father."

I look up and see my father looking behind him to see my confused face. "That's impossible." I say not thinking before opening my mouth. "Why's that (y/n)?" I gulp and step forward. "Because-" "because my father was a sea captain." Jerome buts in before I can say anything.

"Am I wrong Mr. Cicero?" "Yes." "He was a sea captain. His name was Shpen Carlson. He died at sea." Jerome further explains. "What was the name of his ship?" "He worked on a lot of different ships." "The one he went down on." My father says.
Jerome looks confused. "She never said." I know he's not totally acting at this moment. He talked about how proud he was to be the son of a sea captain. How he would look up to his father, and try to be like him.

"We can do a blood test to prove it. Takes only half an hour to a full proof result right doctor?" "Uh yes." Lee says in a rushed tone.
"Save yourself a needle." This just can't be true. He can't be his father.
"I do hate needles." Mr Cicero says with tear filled eyes. "I'm sorry Jerome." Jerome turns to him with real sorrow confusion. "What are you talking about?" "He's right. I am your father." "No you're not. Why would you say that?" "You must have suspected the truth." Mr Cicero shrugs.

"You're not my father. My mother would never-" "your mother was a cruel women she was often unkind to me, and your love, but she did once love me as you love (y/n)." Mr. Cicero says throwing his blind eyes to me. You son of a bitch!
My father turns back and looks at me once more. my mouth agape and my eyes looking into his, but soon turn to Jerome as he starts to sob. I try to go over to him, but am held back by Lee.

Jerome looks up at my father and starts to laugh menacingly changing the whole mood. Even scaring me a bit. He's shown me his dark side, but this one is much deeper. He's finally cracked. He's changed now. He's mad.
Jerome turns to Mr. Cicero with a smirk. "My mother was a cold hearted whore who never loved anyone, and she'd never touch a pathetic old creep like you." He says in a dark voice.

"All these years do you think I was kind to you because I'm such a good man? Would I have listened you to babble on about (y/n) for 2 years? If I wasn't your father would I have helped you as I have after what you did?"
Jerome looks at me first with softer eyes then turns to my father with rock solid ones. "My father. Hm. I'll be damned. Oh that very funny." Jerome starts laughing. "Come on doll! I know you love to laugh!" He looks at me and laughs harder.

"Lee, get (y/n) out of here." "Oh no no no. Don't take her away. She doesn't want to leave. Do you know where she's been going at nights around this time every year? Well she comes to see me. That's right. She comes over, and I just ravish her and grant her with pleasure all night-" "enough!" My father slams his hand on the table and turns to me. "Leave. Now!" I rush out the door and sit on the bench.

When the door opens Jerome continues to laugh as he gets dragged down the hallway. I got up and tired to follow them, but am grabbed and held back. "Jerome!" I yell trying to get his attention. "Oh don't worry doll! I'll find you! They can't keep you away from me!" He laughs louder causing his evil laugh to echo down the halls.

"You, go home right now. We're talking later. Do not even come out from your room young lady! Do you hear me?!" My father screams in my face. "Yes sir." I say quietly.
Once I get home I run up to my room and lose it. "You think you can take him away?" I laugh and throw papers from my desk everywhere. "I've got to get him out. I've got to. He can't stay there. I won't let him rot for doing something that was called for. I'll see you soon J, and we're gonna be free together.