The Fun Comes to an End

I skip around trailing Jerome and Bruce as we tour the carnival. "Who are you?" Bruce asks turning his head towards me. Jerome watches closely with a glare. "Me? Well, I'm-" I panic looking around for an escape. I see a biker gang bashing the heads at the whack a mole game. The dusted leather ghosting the words of the bike on the back. I smirk turning back to Bruce. "You can call me Harley. It's nice to meet you. Now, why don't we stop the chit chat and move on? I want to see what else this place has to offer!" I leap ahead of them feeling the new wash of life rush in. "Oh, J! Can you win me something?" Jerome looks to me grinning. "Aw, of course, but why don't we have some fun with Bruce first."

"Is there a plan for all of this madness?"

"These people don't want a plan They want an excuse," I explain popping another ball of cotton candy in my mouth. Bruce looks at me and sighs stepping closer. "You don't have to do this. You don't have to follow him. You know what he does? Do you know where his last girlfriend is? He drove her insane and now she struggles every day! He broke (y/n) Gordon, and it's only a matter of time before he does it to you." Bruce glares in my face causing me to chuckle. "I'm sure she's just fine. She's happy now." I latch onto Jerome kissing him. "Guess brains don't equal cash." Jerome laughs in my ear pecking my cheek.

"The mother who dreams of strangling her child. The husband who wants to stab his wife. The daughter who wishes to cut her father's knee caps out. All they want is someone to tell them -"Do it. Kill them. It doesn't matter."- It doesn't."

Jerome grabs my hand leading up further into the fair. We arrive at a dunk tank filled with piranha.

"Ooh, I love this game!" Jerome cheers picking up a ball.

"You won't get away with it."

"I already did. Now shush. I need to concentrate. Trying to impress my lady here." He winks getting ready to toss the ball.

"A few dozen brainwashed maniacs can't keep the city hostage forever."

"Well, duh."

"So what's the point?" Jerome huffs turning back to face Bruce. "The point is that all these people out here, looting, robbing, killing, they're the people who wash your car, who pour your coffee, who take out your trash. And what happened the moment the lights went out? They showed their true faces. They showed how quickly they want to open up your rich boy veins and bathe in your blue blood. That is the point."

"Everyone is mad, Bruce. All you have to do is let go. It's easy." I giggle feeling light and free. Jerome pulls me close in his arms. "You're adorable."

"That's not true. There are good people in Gotham." "Like who? The sheep who lock their doors and crawl under their beds? Face it, kid, Gotham has no heroes." Jerome turns back to throw, but Bruce pushes him making him stumble and miss the target.

"Hey. Foul! He pushed me. Did you see that?" Bruce pushes up towards Jerome mightily. "You want to kill someone, let's get on with it!"

I roll my eyes leaning an arm on Bruce. "You're no fun, Brucey."

"Yeah. Come on! You're so boring, Bruce." Jerome yawns reaching over and pushing the button making our victim fall in the infested water soon transmuting it red.

Jerome laughs kissing me roughy. As we pull back I notice his forehead falling. "Honey. You need to uh-" Jerome touches his head nodding and getting the staple gun from one of his followers.

"Here ya go, cutie." Jerome puts his hat on my head. I pull the skin up and he staples it murmuring in discomfort.

"Did that hurt?" Bruce mocks his slight moment of weakness. Jerome walks up to him grabbing his arm. "Not much. You try." Jerome shoots three staples into Bruce's arm before he bellows out.