Clever Name

I sit on the couch in the living room of Lee's apartment waiting for my dad to come in and have dinner with us. The door opens and he comes in with a stern face. I internally roll my eyes. "What's wrong daddy?" I ask very concerned. He slams the paper on my lap and rubs his forehead. "You're boyfriend." I look down at the paper and read the head line. "Maniax huh? Clever name." "Clever name? (Y/n) they killed 7 people by throwing them off the building. There's nothing clever about it. They're killers, and I don't want you to hear about them, to look at them. Anything."

I stand up and narrow my eyes at my father. "How do you expect me to do that? I work in the GCPD. I just started working with Ed! You can't just throw me out of my job." "Yes I can. As of right now (y/n) you're off any case even closely associated with Jerome or any one of them." I slam the paper on the coffee table and roll my eyes. "I'm not even hungry anymore." I say and grab my things going to my house.

——–

The next few days Jerome and I did not talk. Neither did my father and I. He kept me in his sight as much as possible. Only time he didn't watch me was when I was sleeping, or he was at work, but he's got a tracker on my car so that throws out going to Theo's to see J.

I lay in my bed in boredom. Carelessly tossing a bouncy ball in the air. I only stop when I hear a light tapping and a giggle.

I know that giggle. I look up at my window and see my handsome Jerome standing on the fire escape. I rush over to it and open the window for him. "J what are you doing here?" I ask excitedly. He climbs in and I tackle him in a hug. "I missed you so much!" He laughs and hugs me back.

"You better quiet down doll. Can't let Jimbo know I'm here." I nod and kiss him silencing both of us.
I push Jerome on my bed and crawl on top of him not wanting to waste time with my love. I trail my lips down his neck until he stops me. "Kitten wait." I look at him confused and sit up. "Is something wrong? Did I do something?" Jerome grabs my hands and runs his thumbs over them. "No doll of course not. I just didn't come here for that. I came here to talk to you." I furrow my brows even more. Jerome never acts this serious. At least not since he killed his mother. I kinda of miss it. The rational side of him. The sane side.

"Why so serious J?" Jerome hugs me close and breaths in my sent. He stays this way for a while then whispers into my ear softly. "You have to stop." I pull away slightly and look at him. "Stop what?" "Working for him. Theo. He's going to kill you." "Kill me?" Jerome stands up and starts to pace around my room. "Yes. I heard him today talking to Tabitha. Once he gets his hands on the city you and your father are gone. He said he would make me do it. I can't. I-I couldn't do that." Jerome falls to his knees and hugs my waist. "Shhh J it's okay. He won't do anything okay? I promise."

Jerome looks up at me with red eyes. "No. there's one solution to this." "I know. Stop working." "No. I can't see you anymore." Jerome says getting up and going to the window. "J. Stop." I grab his arm and start pulling him with tears in my eyes.

He looks back at me with water streaked cheeks. He shakes his head and frowns. I pulls me to him and kisses me deeply. "I'm sorry doll. I love you so much. I'm so sorry for this. It's the only way I know you'll be safe."

Suddenly my vision starts to get blurry and my legs go numb. I fall into the bed and look at the blurry silhouette of Jerome. "W-what'd you do?" I say before everything goes black.

Jerome POV:

I watch my love slowly fall out of contiguousness. I stroke her soft cheek and kiss her head softly. "I'm so sorry doll. It's just not safe for you here. I can't have you anywhere near me." I pick her up and toss her motionless body down to Aaron who places her in the back seat of a car. He closes the door and I watch the car drive off with my sleeping beauty.

I go down to Aaron. "What now?" I look up at him and try to hide my sorrow. "Now...we take Gotham." I laugh and run back to the tower.