The Love of Two Brothers

I adjust the mask sitting on my face and smile at myself in the mirror. I could get used to this again. I could convince Jerome to leave with me to terrorize Central City. We could start over. He could laugh at frightened civilians while I make his favorite foods. No chances of an ending, only growth.

"Well don't you look dangerous." Jerome lays his chin on my shoulder peppering my skin with kisses. "You know what I've noticed?" "Hmm?" "You've been very loving lately." Jerome meets my eyes. "I've missed you?" "Try again." "I love seeing you laid below me?" He smirks chuckling. "Temping, but I can tell you're lying." Jerome huffs shaking his head. "I'm just seeing what might happen if I try to possibly have a tiny kid with you." My heart skips as I look deep into his eyes. "You want a kid, Jerome?" He shrugs walking away. "I don't know. A little. Don't you think it's time we-" "Yes." I nod my head smiling at him from the mirror.

His green eyes rake my form. "Yes?"

I look at myself in the mirror before sighing, taking the mask off, taking my hair down, and setting the gun and the mask on the table. I run my finger over the think black mask before turning to Jerome nodding my head. "Yes."

Jerome breaks out a smile and grasps me in his arms. He laughs in my shoulder. "I've never been happier." He whispers in my ear. I hug him tightly smiling. "Jim will be pissed." Jerome cackles loudly. "Yeah. He will be."

He looks down at me grabbing my cheeks. "I'm going to keep you safe, love. All of us." He says placing a hand on my stomach. "Jerome, there isn't anything there yet." I laugh shaking my head at him. He bends down kissing the place where his hand was. "You don't know that!" He argues smiling.

"You better go before you're late." "THAT'S SHE SAID!" "JEROME!" He laughs walking out the door. "Oh! I almost forgot. You'll be on the rooftop waiting for me right? I want you to see the show!" I tilt my head smiling. "I'll be there, Jerome."

~

Jim POV:

"Hello?" I say into my phone looking over several maps. "Have you found her? Any signs?" I sign over the line. "Jeremiah, I told you when I know you'll be the second one to know." "Don't you think we should try harder to-" "No one is working harder than me to find my daughter. Now you can ruin your chances now or you can hold off and let me do my job." Harvey holds his laughter as he shakes his head. "I'm sorry Mr. Gordon. I-I just... I care about her. I love your daughter Jim."

"I know you do. You and your brother. Which is why I know if Jerome took her, she's safe. He wouldn't hurt her, Jeremiah." He huffs in frustration. "Well, whatever I can do to help please let me know. I can't lose her." "You and I both." I hang up the phone sighing as Harvey laughs. "This is why I don't have kids." "Oh yeah? That's why?" "Hey, pal, what's that supposed to-" My phone rings again causing me to roll my eyes. "Jeremiah I told you I'm looking for her!"

"Gordon. We need to talk." Oswald speaks in the line. "Oswald?" "I'm outback. Come alone." "Yeah. All right."

~

"Well, this is a first." He scoffs waddling over. "Are you doing anything about Jerome?" "We're looking for him. Have you seen (y/n)?" "I saw her this morning. She's fine." "Do you know where she is?" "And if I did, do you think I would just tell you? Have you march in there, guns blazing? He needs to be stopped. He has everyone under his thumb... Freeze, Firefly, Hatter. They are all part of his plan. A dark, terrible plan."

"Which is?"

Oswald caves slightly. "Scarecrow has made a gas for him."

"Like a fear toxin?"

"Worse. Much worse. I saw it turn someone into a maniacal, cackling, violent animal."

"And what does he plan to do with it?" "He's smart. He hasn't shared the details of his plans with anyone." "I bet (y/n) knows." Oswald shakes his head. "He's told her the least. He doesn't want her involved." I sigh. "Frankly that's a relief."