So This is Love

I scan over the old photos sitting next to Jerimiah. "You look beautiful there, love." He points to a photo of me and my dad at the beach. I nod smiling.

"You're quiet today." Jerimiah trails his finger across my jaw. "I worry about him. He's probably angry with me." Jerimiah sigh cupping my cheek. "I know this is hard for you, (Y/n), but for you to get better this needs to be done." I nod holding in my tears.

"Repeat what I told you."

"Jerome lies. He is infected. He's manipulative. He's evil." Jerimiah nods stroking my cheek. "It's alright, darling. We say this enough and soon it will start to sound better. I'm here for you, (y/n)."

~

I stir the pot of boiling water adding the pasta. "(y/n)!" Jerimiah calls as he closes my door. "Kitchen!"

He walks in tearing off the scarf, hat, sunglasses, and large coat causing me to laugh. "I rate your disguise a 3." Jerimiah chuckles and comes over kissing my cheek.

"I want to meet your father, (Y/n)." I sigh looking at him. "He just got shot by his ex-girlfriend and then saved by his ex-ex-girlfriend. Now isn't the right time to be confusing him with the twin of Jerome." Jerimiah shrugs kissing my forehead. "If you say so, darling."

Jerimiah pulls out a chair and sits down looking at me smiling. "What's the look for?" "You're amazing."

I laugh shaking my head and blushing. "Anyone can make pasta, J." "No, no, no. You're recovered. You're healed, and I am so proud of you." I shrug smiling. "I had a good helper."

This whole time has been hell. Forcing myself to grow and realize what was right.

Do I still love Jerome? Yes.
Is it practical? No.
Did I need to move on? For my health, yes.

So many factors lead me to give up the life on madness. My life with Jerome. I could never grow like that. I could never grow with him.

I can only hope he could understand one day.

"I want you to move in with me," Jerimiah says from the table. I turn around staring at him with wide eyes. "What?" He smiles standing up and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Move in with me. I can watch over you properly. Plus I can cuddle you whenever I want." "Jer-" "I know you're scared, but please. We both want this. I want to start something new with you."

I sigh cupping his face as he gazes at me with hope-filled eyes. "Jerimiah Valeska. You pack my things and we've got a deal." He pulls me tight kissing me.

He pulls out his phone giggling like a child. "Yes. She agreed. Sure. Go on and bring the boxes up." He hangs up swinging me around.

"You have Echo waiting outside with boxes?" Jeremiah smiles tilting his head. "No?"

Echo opens the door and toss's piles of boxes on my apartment floor. "I've been waiting out there! What if she would've said no?" Jerimiah leads me to sit on his lap on the couch. "She wouldn't have." He kisses my cheek and holds me tight.

So this is love?