Father Daughter Talk

I sit on my bed just anticipating my father. He could kick me out, scream in my face, fire me from my job, disown me altogether. Just to think our relationship was the best as it could be 4 hours ago.

I hear the front door slam and heavy footsteps making their way to me. My black wooden door opens, and my father steps in with an unreadable look. He walks over to my desk and looks at the box full of pictures, and letters from Jerome.

He picks up one of the pictures and looks at the date on the back. "You've known this boy for 2 years?" I nod my head not daring to look at him. "Did you know?" I gulp and look up at him with tears. "Know what?" "Did you know he killed his mother? Were you trying to protect him? Because (y/n) if you knew and were hiding that I'll be forced to-" "of course I didn't know!" I stand up yelling the lie. "Then why did you act like you didn't know each other because from what I heard you two know each other very well!" "Because I know what you'd think! You want me to be with a posh boy who works in the same field you do! God, you'd be perfectly fine with me dating Eddie!" My father sighs dropping the picture back into the box. "I just don't think you're ready for anything like that." "Oh grow up! Dad, you have to realize I'm 18 now! I'm not that geeky little girl who use to follow you around playing cops and robbers! I'm older, and I can handle myself. Just please realize it, and start treating me like an adult!" I scream and fall on my bed frustrated.

My father doesn't say anything. He just stands there and watches me cry. "Where did you send him?" My father sighs and sits beside me placing a comforting hand on my back. "Arkham." I shake my head and cry harder. "Was he different around you?" God no we're both freaks. "Of course he was. He was the most innocent boy I've ever seen when he was with me." "So all that stuff about you two...doing it... That was fake. Right?" "Dad. Adult here." "Right." He says and stands up. "I love you sweetie, and I'm sorry you're having to go through this." He kisses my head and walks out. I have to go see him. I can't live life without him. I refuse to cut him out completely as if he never existed.