Little Visits

It's been weeks. Weeks without a single word from my sweet Jerome. Sure we've gone longer without speaking, but just knowing he's in Arkham, and he won't be getting out soon makes me sick to my stomach.

I need to see him. My dad would never allow it. WAIT! I work for the GCPD, and employees can go and see the patients without the months of waiting for the aye okay.

My lips spread into a smile and I hop up to get dressed and go to Arkham Asylum. I gather my badge and ID to show them that I mean business! It's very important to his case that he sees his girlfriend at least a couple time every month.

I drive to the tall old building gulping as I come to the gate. "Name?" The guard asks with a boring voice. "(Y/n) Gorden. GCPD officer. I'm here to see a patient." The guard looks at my badge and opens the gates letting me pass through the old metal bars.

I park and make my way in. The white walls make everything seem heavenly, but I know beyond the employee desk there lies many of Gotham's most feared criminals.

I walk up to the desk seeing a miserable looking lady reading the newspaper. "Excuse me. I need to have a visit with a patient you have." "Who?" She asks plainly. "Jerome Valeska." "He's not allowed, visitors." I pull out my badge. "GCPD. it's involved with his case." She looks up at me and sighs annoyed. "Here's your visitor's pass. If you come back to speak with him or any of out other inmates make sure and wear this. Just scan it through the key pass and the gate should open. Berry will lead you to the lounge room where the others are. You are allowed up to 30 minutes today." She explains in a monotone voice passing over my pass.

"Thank you." I grasp it and swipe it into the key pass opening the white chipping paint bars.
"Follow me." The buff guard says and starts making his way down the long hall with cells on each side. "I will be making rounds around the room so if you need any help I'll be there. A little girl like you will be the center of attention for these men in here. Don't be alarmed."

I cross my arms and laugh a little. "I'm not scared." "You will be." "Listen, mister. I've seen scary, and I'm sure none of these shmuks have his smile." The guard shakes his head. "You sure are something else lady." He opens the door making our presence know.

"Ohh lookie here!" Someone says looking at me. A few wolf whistle causing everyone to turn their head. Once I look around the room I see him. I smirk and wave my finger motioning him over to an empty table.
He immediately stands up and rushes to me tackling me in a hug, and a kiss on the head. "Long time no see doll. I knew you could stay away. It's impossible for them to keep us apart. Does daddy know about this?" He says jittery and bouncy.

I laugh and sit down with him. "No, I just had to see you J," I say playing with his hand in my lap.
"And why is that doll face?" I smile at J. "Maybe I missed you." I say shrugging my shoulders.
"You hear that? She missed me!" Jerome yells over to his I guess friends. They all look over and smirk at me, especially one with frizzy hair and an evil look in his eye as he studies over my body.

"J stop." I laugh making him look at me again. "I'm going to get out of here one day." "I know. I don't doubt it." Yes, I do.
"And you know what's going to happen then?" He gets closer placing my legs over his. "What happens then J?" His lips ghost over mine driving me completely insane. Huh, how ironic.
"Then doll we cause havoc around the city. Nothing will stop us, baby. We're the bast couple there ever was. God when you swung that bat on to his head I just lost it. I would do anything to see it again."

"J shh! That's supposed to be a secret." I say covering his mouth.

"Oh come on doll. Everyone here would think it was so sexy. Don't be ashamed of it baby. Be free like me." I sigh and continue to play with his fingers. "Jerome you understand why I can't do that," I say only to see him in a trance. "J?" I ask snapping my fingers in front of his face.

He looks up and smiles at me. "How long did it take to get the blood out of this jacket doll?" I look down and in fact, I am wearing the same jacket from that night. I shake my head laughing. "Weeks J, but I just didn't have the heart to toss it." "Of course not it is a memorable item! Plus you wear it better than anyone else." I kiss his cheek forgetting where we are.

"I wish I could get you out of here." I sigh looking into his perfect eyes. "Don't worry doll. I'll get out. One way or another we'll be free together. I love you." I peck his lips smiling. "I love you too Jerome." I smile and look up to the guard walking towards us. "Times up. Let's go." I nod and stand up.

"Will you be back?" "Of course I will." I wink and walk off to the front. "Have a good day," I say to the miserable woman. She looks up and rolls her eyes at my chipper mood. "You're too young lady." She says in a sarcastic tone.
I sigh and make my way to my car. When I get in I see a sticky note placed right on my radio.
I can help get him out. If you want to know how come to the sixth street and go up the fire escape to the open window. It will be open till 8. If you miss your chance, you will never see him again.

I look around to see if there is any visible proof of someone here, but the place is clean. I bit my lip and drive down the the destination and see a lonely fire escape with an open window.
"Am I really going to do this?" I ask myself staring up at the entrance. "Yep guess I am." I put my gun in my jacket, and get out of the car.