chapter 2.

My head pounded as my body began to awaken from sleep. I couldn't open my eyes just then due to bright light already pericing through my eye lids. My mouth felt dry and my shoulders ached as they threatened to go numb. My hands had already reached that point from me laying on them.

A sharp pain in my skull caused my breath to catch, and the memories came flooding back to me. Kat being hung. The man hanging her. The scuffle. The two blows to the head. My heart began to race. Was Kat dead? Why wasn't I? Where was I and why was it so bright? Who was that man, what did he have against Kat? Did he kidnap me? Leave me in a ditch? What would happen next? As my heart raced faster so did my mind causing me to panic.

My eyes surged open, no longer being comfortable staying closed. I was in the back of a van, the doors were open letting the blinding sunlight stream in. I could see the edge of a wooden building but couldn't make out what it was. I could see a field with mid-calf high grass rolling from the cool breeze and a tree line in the near distance.

Smoke wafted passed the open van doors getting caught and swirled in the wind before being swept away. The first cloud of smoke was quickly followed by another that suffered the same fate as the first. I realized that someone was smoking a cigarette.

I quickly took a diagnosis of my body. My head was pounding and felt itchy on one side, my arms were duct taped behind my back. My ankles were also duct taped together making it impossible to run. There was also some sort of cloth tucked uncomfortably in my mouth duct tape covering my lips preventing me from spitting the dirty material out.

I turned my head as best as I could to trying to find a way to escape. The back of the van was very clean with what was almost a shelving unit holding a duffle bag and several tool boxes. I had to find a way to look through them.

"You're finally awake." My body tensed. The voice of the murderer was rough and deep sounding cold and unfeeling. If my mouth wasn't so dry I'm sure I would have gulped. "You look scared. Is something wrong?"

I was unable to answer, my whole body frozen in fear. He didn't seem to like my lack of response because he climbed into the back of the van to grab my arm. I could only squirm to get away from him. I was pulled from the van by my arms, landing hard on the ground with an uncomfortable grunt. I looked up at my captor getting my first real look at him. He had dark hair and grey eyes, his jaw was sharp, lips full, and his nose a straight line down his face.

"Do you need to take a piss?" Yes I did.

I couldn't respond to him. My heart raced faster as I continued to stare at my best friend's murderer. He growled growing frustrated. He leaned down grabbing my arm, forcing me to stand as best as I could.

"Fine, I'll help you regardless."

Help me? My fear escalated and my bladder released without my consent. The urine wet my boxers and shorts easily trickling down my legs. Had I seriously just pissed myself? Two hands tangled themselves in my shirt and I was lifted before being slammed against the van.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" The murderer shouted.

I turned my face away from his angry eyes expecting to be hit. I was released and fell to the ground. "I'm not going to suffer through the stench of piss because you weren't toilet trained." Was he going to kill me now?

I looked up at him terrified of what he was going to do to me. He knelt down next to me and pulled out a survival knife. I tried to scream behind the gag but barely any sound could be heard. He reached down cutting off my soaked shorts and boxers. Then he took off my shoes and socks that had ended up a bit wet as well.

"I'll have to remember to get you some diapers if you can't stop pissing yourself." He muttered mostly to himself.