Chapter 19

"Did you not learn from your last escape attempt?" He pulled my fingers free roughly then shut and locked the window.

"I wasnt trying to escape. I promise. I just wanted fresh air and was about to close the window." I whimpered. He pushed me into the wall pushing his knife against my spine.

"I could kill you so easily right now. Just like the other brat with your eyes. He kept calling for you." The tears slowly started to fall.

"Would you like to know how I killed him? Stupid boy wondering off into the woods." I shook my head rapidly. He dragged me away from the wall and toward the basement.

"Despite the pain he never once cried. Just pleaded with me to leave his brother alone. Not to come for you." I was shoved roughly onto the cement floor. Jace sat on top of me and pressed the knife into my throat.

"I held him down and slowly cut up each finger." He ran the knife across each finger where he'd cut Jake leaving tiny bleeding cuts. "When he wouldn't shut up I had to stop about here. " he left a cut on both of my wrists. "And cut out his tongue, fucking brat still tried to beg though." He forced my mouth open and pushed the knife in nicking my tongue and forcing me to taste the blood as he carefully moved it in and out.

"Once I could no longer understand his words I continued dismembering him alive. You should have seen the beautiful gleam in your eyes when he realized you weren't going to save him." His knife stopped once he left a cut just above my left knee. I was sobbing hard knowing that my brother's last moments were torture. "He died after I got about here. The life left his eyes and all begging stopped. That's where I knew your eyes from. You and that brat have the same eyes." He pushed the tip of the knife just under my eye. I could feel the drop of blood welling up.

I felt something shatter in my chest, like my heart was physically breaking. I knocked the knife away and swung at him, my fist connected with his face

"Shut up! I wasnt trying to escape you sick fuck. Why the hell are you telling me this? You murdered my brother! He was just a kid and..." I was cut off by Jace slamming me back into the ground and burying his knife in my shoulder. "I hate you! I fucking hate you Jace. You murdered my brother and tore my family apart."

He grabbed my face glaring at me. "Your family wasn't strong enough to withstand a loss. You can stay down here until you're ready to apologize."

"Fuck you." I yelled spitted bloody saliva in his face.