Chapter 26

"And what happened next?"

"They shot and killed him, took me into custody."

"Eli, do you understand that with therapy we can help you cope with everything he put you through?" I glare at the doctor.

"But nothing you do will bring him back. I don't need your fucking therapy, I want Jace back! I've lost everything I loved and you people took the last thing I had. I need him." I yell. I hear a choked sob from outside the room.

"You didn't love him, not really. You have Stockholm Syndrome. Your brain was trying to protect you and help you survive. We can help. With therapy, antidepressants and anxiety medication we can get your life back to a mostly healthy state. Your parents would love to have you back." He coaxes.

"Fuck my parents and fuck you too. I'll never be normal again and I don't want to be able to fake it. Jace did more for me than my parents ever did. They abandoned me when I needed them." My mother sobs again and my father joins her. "Jace reminded me what it was like to be loved. I hope my parents fucking burn." Pass the blood pounding in my ears I hear my mother screaming.

"Why!? Oh god why'd he have to take both of my babies from me? Give him back. Tell him to give Eli back. Please. Please. Please. Please. Give him back!"

I grin at the doctor, his face is the definition of horror stricken.