Chapter 6.

"Here's some water, try not to throw another tantrum today." The man said handing me the water. I sipped it slowly feeling it sooth my still raw throat.

"Thank you." He turned to look at me for a brief moment before going to the bags from the day before.

"You know your shivering at night us getting annoying." He informed me back still turned.

"I'm sorry." I didn't know what else to say. I couldn't tell him my shivering was because I was half naked and he wouldn't give me a blanket.

"You're full of apologies and gratitude that aren't yours to give." He came back with socks.

"I'm not sure what you mean." He began pulling them on me.

"Everything yoy have and all that you are is mine now. You don't even get to breathe unless I allow it." He leaned over my body and wrapped a hand around my neck.

He slowly tightened his grip until I grabbed his wrist. The instinct to try to stop him too strong for me to fight.

"Stop pulling at my arm." It took a second to stop but I did. "You can still breath if you just try. Now try to relax." His hand tightened further until Ibwas wheezing. "I need you to understand that you belong to me. Your apologies and gratitude aren't a gift you're presenting to me, I already own them." I nodded after he fully cut off my oxygen. He held me there for what felt like forever but as soon as my vision started fading he released me.

I sputtered and coughed trying to pull as much air into my thirsty lungs as I could. The man rested himself so he was straddling my hips as he stroked my neck with his thumb. "What's your name?"

"Eli." I choked out.

"Well Eli, you arw my rib." He was crazy

He left me alone after that. I wasn't sure what to do with being his "rib". Aside from the anatomy ribs I couldn't think of what being his rib meant. I was too afraid to ask. .

When he decided it was dinner time he fed me a ham sandwich. After watching him get himself meals for two out of three meals for the last two days I wasn't going to bring up being a vegetarian. That didn't stop him though.

"Why don't you eat meat? Religion? PKU? Alpha-gal syndrome?" He asked after finishing his own sandwich.

"It's just a choice I made." Why did he suddenly care?