Chapter 17

The next day brought rain. Jace seemed frustrated being trapped in the house. He was someone who liked to keep going and it was harder to do that in a small area. I carefully moved into the kitchen and started looking for cleaning supplies, I couldn't find any.

"What are you doing?" I spun around startled by Jace's voice. He was leaning against the door frame, hair a mess, naked torso showing off lean muscles and a few scars.

"Looking for cleaning supplies. I thought that since you're stuck here then we could at least be productive." I said shyly.

"All cleaning supplies are in my van, would you like for me to go and grab them?" I nodded not looking at him. I felt like he was mocking me.

Regardless he brought in a bunch of new things, chemicals,soaps,mop, broom,vacuum, and carpet cleaner. He also brought in a radio mumbling something about not having to turn it on since I didn't like music.  I turned it on anyway while he assembled the two machines. After finding a station that seemed okay I turned around to see Jace smirking at me.

"Where do you want to start?" I thought about it for a moment before deciding on the basement.

We worked through the day only getting the basement and first floor deep cleaned. We stopped for meals on Jace's demand and he didn't seem to be too antsy about the rain continuing for the next three days.

"We need a shower. This place was dirtier than I thought." Jace wiped some grime from my face smirking when I didn't pull away or flinch.

"A shower sounds awesome." I tried to give him a smile but my lips refused to curl upward. He didn't notice though.

Instead he pulled me into the bathroom and started stripping. I slowly took off my own shirt and frowned at the bruises that didnt seem to be fading. Jace noticed my pause and got down on his knees in front of me. His hands slowly came to rest on my hips. He pulled me close and gently placed kisses on each bruise.

"Do they hurt?"

"Yeah." I couldn't figure out how he worked. One moment he'd hit me and the next he was all about being caring. He rested his forehead against my chest taking a deep breath.

Eventually we were able to shower and go to bed. Jace did his nightly ritual of straddling my hips and touching anywhere he could. I relaxed against his fingers and closed my eyes.

"You've been so good recently. What are you planning?" Before I could panic I reminded myself that I'd have to stay calm if I was going to lie sucessfully.

" I dont like your punishments. Im trying to avoid them. Thats what you wanted right? For me to be a good boy?" I looked up at him questioningly. His eyebrows nitted together almost as if confused.