Chapter 9.

"Let me get him set up then I'll come back for you." He dusted off an old wooden trap door before lifting it. He dragged the man down the hole leaving me to my thoughts. Maybe now he'd kill me. Decided that I was too much trouble.

He came back uncuffing my hand and gently pulling me up to lead me intobthw basement. It was sound proofed with a dirt floor. The man was laid tied up in a shallow hole. "Now I want you to listen to me carefully. You're going to help me. We're not torturing him, we're just going to slit his throat."

I began crying again. "Please no. Please don't make me do this. Please I can't. I'll be good and, and I'll listen. I promise, please don't make me." I couldn't help begging him.

He turned me around and cupped my face in his hands. His face almost looked sorry. "Hush. You have to do this. Make it quick. Before he wakes uo. Do it quickly and it'll be over."

I shook my head "no" looking at him with wide eyes.

The man woke up though, his voice loud but muffled by the duct tape and the murderer's eyes turned cold.

"You're going to kill him. Like it or not you're going to. If you don't I'll do much worse to you." He placed his knife in my hand. He turned me around to look at my victim who was panicking. Lips pressed to my ear he whispered. "Don't think about it just do it. Eli, make it easier to yourself."

My feet wouldn't work but the murderer pushed me toward the man slowly. Once we reached him he pushed me down in my shoulder until I was kneeling. He then crouched behind me holding me steady.

"Please don't make me do this. I'll do anything you want but please don't make me do this." I tried begging again.

"You heard what I said." He kissed the back of my neck lightly.

He wasn't going to let me stop. I was going to have to kill this man. The man looked at me with pleading, pity filled eyes. At least he knew I wasnt being given a choice. The murderer helped me pull the knife above my head and with one last sniffle I plunged it down into his throat. A sob was ripped from my throat as I let go of the hilt and scampered away.

A hand slapped me across the face which only make me sob harder. "Shut up. Quit your fucking crying. You're just being annoying now."

He sighed in annoyance and dragged me back toward the bed. I only continued to cry as he hand cuffed me back to the bed. He went back down to the man leaving me alone to my tears.

I'd killed a man. I'd stabbed him in the throat. Another wave of tears were released. I'd taken another's life. How did the murderer do it?