Chapter 7.

"Would you like to go for a walk today?" I nodded, I needed to get out.

"You have rules to follow. Number one, you'll stay by my side with in arm's reach. Two, no being loud. If you draw attention to yourself there'll be no one who can stop what comes next. If we happen upon anyone you are to be seen and not heard unless it's a cop. If it's a cop you're my boyfriend, do you understand?"

"Yes sir." I'd obey because I was in no shape to have any other option. My first walk with him wouldn't leave me a lot of openings to even try.

He quietlt uncuffed me and cut the duct tape at my ankles and gave me clothes I hadn't even seen. He took my hand and together we exited the stuffy barn

"What's your favorite color?" He asked after a short time of walking. My favorite color? Why did he want to know?

"Green." Was I supposed to ask him? "What about your favorite color?"

"Why green?" He completely ignored my question.

"I don't know?" And I didn't but I couldn't help the slight flinch.

"What kind of music do you listen to?" He didn't seem irritated in the slightest with my pervious answer.

"I don't really listen to music." Why was he so curious?

"Who was that girl to you? What was your relationship with her?" I had to stop walking, my heart skipped a beat. It felt like my heart shattered.

"She was my best friend." My voice cracked. A lump began forming in my throat but I was unable to cry.

"Keep walking, Rib. You won't be getting out like this often." He snapped. My eyes darted from their position on the ground to his eyes. My feet moved out of fear. "Why do you seem so broken up?"

"Kat was my best friend. I loved her and you murdered her." My voice sounded bitter even to my own ears.

"Why did you love her?"

I didn't need to think about my reply. "Because she was always there for me. She always listened and she was amazing. Always laughing and smiling and understanding."

"You don't smile or laugh." He stated mostly to himself.

My anger flared. "Of course I don't. I use to before some crazy serial killer kidnapped me."

He was about to reply when a noise came from just in front of us. He whispered for me to stay put while he moved forward to check it out. He gave me an opening, my only confliction was if I should take it or not. I did. I turned and took off in the opposite direction.