♚ 05| I'm Sorry About Your Cat

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*🐝 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"WHAT ARE WE THINKING?"

 Audrey asked proudly, hands on her hips as she stood before Eleven in their shared bedroom. Beside her, stood a mannequin, almost the same height as her, sporting a beautiful white gown she had been working on over the past few weeks for her art class. To an extensively trained eye, it could easily look like a mediocre job, but for such a young person, Audrey had created something truly amazing. 

"Well... What is it?" El asked slowly, squinting her eyes and tilting her head slightly. Her eyes examined the dress with curiosity and confusion.

"It's a wedding dress!" Audrey revealed excitedly, smiling widely with her hands spread out in opposite directions. El quickly nodded in understanding, having seen similar dresses in catalogues that had kept her occupied in her time of solitude. 

"Pretty." She complimented simply and sincerely.

"Is it really?" 

"Yes. I like it a lot." She decided. 

Audrey squealed in excitement, jumping up and down. 

"I think I'm gonna try it on." 

Audrey carefully removed the dress from the mannequin and slipped it on over her tank top and shorts, careful as to not cause it any damage. The sleeves puffed out dramatically, and the dress landed perfectly below her ankles. The lace on the dress was simple, but elegant, and lined the bottom of the dress, as well as the waist.

It was a perfect fit.

"You look amazing, Adds." El complimented in awe. 

And she truly did. There was something incredibly surreal about actually putting on such a dress for the Valentine Girl. Only months prior, Audrey couldn't see herself making it through the night alive, let alone having a chance to wear a dress similar in her future. The mere idea scared and excited her. 

"I-" Her words were interrupted by a rough banging on the front door of the cabin. It caused both of the girls to flinch, and for El to take her routine spot under the bed, to hide. Whenever someone came to the door, typically Audrey's friends, Hopper urged her to stay clear out of sight until they left. Audrey put her hand up in Eleven's direction, holding one finger up. "I'll be right back." 

She made her way to the door, holding her dress up in her hands, gliding across the wooden flooring. The banging continued, which gave the Valentine Girl a hint at who was to be at the door. 

She undid the locks and opened the door, less than surprised to see who had made their presence abundantly known.

"Thank God." Dustin rolled his eyes. "We need to go now." 

"What the hell is going on?" Audrey asked, but was quickly interrupted by the young boy roughly grabbing her wrist and dragging her out of the house. She stumbled forward and nearly tripped down the steps, trying desperatly to escape his grasp. "Dustin, what are you doing!"

"No time to talk. We need to go. Now." 

Audrey spared a glance at the house, seeing the barely visible shilouette of her newfound sister, before her head naturally turned back to face the familiar car. Steve Harrington sat in the driver's seat, eyes focused on his best friend with his jaw slackened. 

"Audrey? What are you-" 

Before his sentence could reach its end, Dustin roughly shoved Audrey into the back seat of the car, dramatically shutting the door and returning to his respective spot in the passenger seat, clapping his hands theatrically.