♚ 02| 011

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*🐝 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

AUDREY SAT BEFORE THE YOUNG GIRL, ELBOWS UP ON THE TABLE AS SHE WATCHED HER EAT. The girl stuffed her face as if she hadn't eaten in years, completely throwing her table manners out the door. All of the customers had cleared out hours before, leaving just the three of them in the diner.

"Your parents forget to feed you or something?" Benny asked from beside his employee. It concerned him to see someone behave in such a way and he found himself feeling the need to protect her. The girl didn't respond to his question and continued her attack on the fries.

". . . Is that why you ran away?" Audrey asked softly, eyeing the girl carefully. The girl raised her gaze to meet the two of theirs, giving them hope that she might actually say a word or two. They were utterly disappointed, however when she looked back down and picked up her burger, taking one large bite. Benny, officially tired of her lack of response, stretched over and yanked the plate away from her. The girl peered up at him, confused and a little hurt at the interruption.

"I'll give it back," He started.  "You can have as much as you like, maybe even some ice cream; but first, you gotta answer a few of my questions. Deal?" The girl didn't respond once again.

"We'll start easy. My name's Benny. Benny Hammond." He introduced and gestured to his employee after. "And this is Audrey Valentine."

"What's your name?" Audrey continued, smiling sweetly at the girl. The young girl moved her gaze to Audrey, blinking once. Without hesitation, she extended her arm, exposing her wrist to the two. To Audrey's surprise, it was a mark of the numbers 011. Audrey gasped.

"Holy shit, is that real?" She questioned, staring at the ink in awe. Eleven's brows pulled together, not quite understanding why it wouldn't be and she nodded slowly.

"Eleven? What's that mean?" Benny continued his interrogation, completely ignoring Audrey.

The girl shook her head. "No."

"Well, I'll be damned. She speaks." Benny chuckled lightly.  "No what?"

"Are you in trouble?" Audrey pressed.

The girl didn't reply, bringing them back to square one once again.

"Alright, guess 'no' more food then," Benny concludes, handing the plate to. Audrey as if to tell her to return it to the kitchen. Audrey wanted nothing more than to give the girl back the plate of food but she knew Benny wouldn't deny her food for absolutely no reason. So she got up from her seat, making her way over to the kitchen before a voice interrupted.

". . . Eleven." She says.

"Yeah. What's it mean?" Benny pressed, seemingly having all the patience in the world. The young girl points to herself and Audrey's brow furrows.

"Is that your name?" She asks, wondering what kind of person decides to name their child after a number.

"Eleven."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*🐝 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Are you sure this is a good idea? She could be in danger." Audrey inquired in a hushed voice, biting her lip nervously as she watched her boss pick up the phone. Eleven was sitting not too far away, finishing her meal and here Benny was, planning to call Social Services. Something about the whole situation made Audrey feel uneasy and she didn't think this was the right decision.

"And if she is, then what happens Addy?" Benny snapped, causing Audrey to shut her mouth immediately. She huffed a sigh, crossing her arms as she made her way back to the girl.

". . . All I know is, the poor thing's scared to death. . . confused." Benny's muffled voice rang through the girl's ears and she just prayed that everything was going to be okay.

She strolled back into the dining room, hoping she could find something to entertain the girl with until Benny came up with a plan. She unfolded her arms as she approached the girl from behind. She watched Eleven's gaze raise to the loud creaky fan that they hadn't been to replace and she glared at it.

"I can turn it off if you'd l-" Audrey stopped dead in her tracks, not believing what her eyes were seeing. The fan creaked to an abrupt stop, leaving the room in silence. Audrey's jaw dropped to the floor.

"Holy sh--"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*🐝 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

And that's it for today's chapters! I have decided that Friday at 9/10pm EST is going to be my set post date and I have another five chapters already prepared. Unlike this, there will only be one post a week but that is because I don't have enough time in my day to equate to writing enough chapters if that makes sense. Anyway, thanks for reading and be sure to tune in next week to see what happens next!

-Gigi <3