♔ 09| High On a Feeling

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*🐝 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"NOW WE'RE TALKING!" Carol praised as Steve brought out the bottles of booze and Tommy chuckled as he wrapped his arms around his girlfriend. Audrey stood beside Nancy and Barbara with her hands on her hips, watching her friends carefully to make sure they didn't do anything stupid. She eyed the drinks intensely as if seriously considering her next few decisions. She knew that drinking so late wouldn't be a good idea, especially if she had to bike home.

"If I find any glass on the pavement, you're dead." Steve threatened, passing a bottle out to everyone. Audrey took hers gratefully, coming to a decision and wanting nothing more than to drown her frustrations in alcohol.

Steve did a trick with a knife he had brought out, he ripped the cap off of the drink and chugged it as fast as he possibly could. Most likely to impress Nancy, for reasons Audrey couldn't comprehend. Carol, Tommy, and even Nancy cheered him on while Barb and Audrey stood there, mouths turned down in disgust. Although she was convinced she saw him at his worst, it still hurt her to see him be so careless.

"Who's next?" Steve offered, holding the knife out. A silence ran over the group for a few seconds, everyone anticipating who it would be to step up. Nancy got up out of her seat, approaching him and promptly took the knife from his hand, smiling cheekily.

"Let me show you how it's done, Harrington."

She positioned the knife and pulled the cap off with ease, quickly tilting her head back as she chugged even faster than Steve had. Audrey just watched in surprise, completely dumbfounded, not having believed she would actually do it. Instead of the group cheering her on, everyone had looks of shock on their faces.

"What?" She asked innocently.

"You're incredible." Steve smiled, reaching over and grabbing her hips, connecting their hips.

Something within Audrey burned like gasoline to a fire. It was a feeling deep inside her chest that slowly crept up, creating an uncomfortable warmth. Immediately, Audrey knew it was a feeling she'd hate. She felt threatened in her own territory. Even though she never particularly cared for popularity, she never thought she would be in a situation where she was in danger of getting dethroned.

Taking the whole ordeal as a challenge, she herself stepped up, snatching the weapon from Nancy and holding it up to her very own glass.

"May wanna take notes, Wheeler." Audrey grinned, feeling a slight rumble in her stomach in discomfort. Something within her told her she shouldn't be doing this.

"That's my girl." Carol laughed out, sporting a rare smile.

Audrey confidently stabbed the knife, being anything but slow, expecting to have made a perfect incision into the top. Unfortunately for her, it did make the perfect cut she was going for. Just not where she wanted it.

Audrey's right palm seared with pain and she winced, dropping the knife to the floor with a loud clank. She clutched her hand tightly as blood gushed out of her fresh wound and ears bubbled in her eyes and she tried to keep them at bay, failing profusely.

"Gnarly." Tommy sighed, earning a harsh slap from his girlfriend who was genuinely concerned for her friend.

"Holy shit, Adds," Steve yelled, rushing forward and grasping her hands in his. Audrey's hands trembled in pain and she tried to suck it up.

"I-It's fine." She stuttered, shaking her head and rushing to the bathroom. Steve worriedly followed closely behind, muttering curses. He bombarded her with questions, refusing to leave her side until she ultimately shut the door in his face, allowing a few minutes to herself.